Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

somebody really wanted my jeep...

Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading posts like this make me so angry it just about ruins my day. I can't imagine how I'd feel if it was my own Jeep. I'm really sorry this happened to you and I hope you get it repaired right away.

What's even worse than attempted theft though is plain old vandalism. The post where the guy's Jeep got keyed really bad on both sides was even worse in some ways.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

very sorry for your trouble--I pray that never happens to me-someone will be removed from the food chain, and I will do time-zero remorse.-you just cant help feeling violated--just imagine when/if only the law abiding citizens are no longer allowed to bear arms-
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky to have "nice" thieves in my neighborhood...Whenever they decide to break in, they're kind enough to unzip the window to rummage through it. Last time, they went to all the trouble of ripping out my cb radio only to leave it sitting on the ground about 20 feet away from my Jeep...antenna and all! I didn't know whether to be pissed or thankful?
Another time, it was parked under a carport with the top and doors off. It was raining all night, and I came out the next morning to see that someone had released the e-brake and rolled it out halfway into the street just so it would get soaked! Can you believe that shit? I feel your pain man...
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

I had my jeep sitting in front of my house with no top or doors. Someone walking by tried to open my locked glove box and bent up the plastic handle pretty bad. They didn't get anything, but they messed up the handle bad enough that I had to go ahead and break it to get the glove box open. Now I need a new latch and handle. There wasn't anything of value in the glove box, just the manual and registration.

It really angers me to know that some scumbag passing by just couldn't pass up the chance to reach into someone else's car and try to steal something.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had someone try and get into mine a while back (tripped the alarm). Since then I put in a driveway alert system with sensors on both ends of the driveway. If they try again, I'll know before they know I know.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKAdam
I had someone try and get into mine a while back (tripped the alarm). Since then I put in a driveway alert system with sensors on both ends of the driveway. If they try again, I'll know before they know I know.
where can you get one of those that sounds like a pretty good deal.....
Old 04-10-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshua22
where can you get one of those that sounds like a pretty good deal.....
Search buy.com for the Reporter RWA300R you can run up to 3 sensors off that one receiver. Buy.com had the best price I could find on it.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Might have to look at something like that, also motion sensor flood lights are a good idea too, especially around the back porch and garage if you have a house or condo
Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Had my TJ broken into three different times in college. Usually had the top down so the "broken into" at least didn't entail any damage to the top.

First time some kids were trying to jack the stereo in broad daylight in front of where I worked. Somebody called the cops and they got there in minutes but the kids ran off. Broke the mounts but it was salvageable. This was only a 100 stereo btw, just a cd player.

Second time it was mostly just ransacked. Every little thing they could throw they did. Mats out of the car, glovebox busted off, etc. Sure they would have stolen anything of value had it been in there.

Third time, they attempted to get the stereo out - apparently couldn't make it work - so they shoved a crowbar into the stereo and busted it in place. Nice. Did more damage than the stereo was worth, and any idiot could have pulled the stereo in 10 seconds as it was pretty much just friction fit in there. Guess that wasn't enough though so they pissed all over the seats and left.

One thing that didn't qualify as a break in was some fucker throwing his apparently full 64 ounce at least coke into passenger cab. Sticky on the windsheild, seats, everywhere.

As much as it pissed me off, you end up just having to deal with it. After the third time I installed an alarm in the jeep with a proximity alarm kept an eye on it. Sure enough a couple weeks later it went off about 2am (any relation to bar closing time?) and I ran outside in my boxers with gun in hand. A little more hotheaded back then, and looking back on it I am mostly just glad that they ran off before I could have gotten out there. Seeing as how my apartment had been broken into twice in that same one year period - I was ready to snap. But my life would have looked a lot different now I imagine had I killed a couple little punks. Worth doing your best to prepare and then just accepting that some people are trash - the money I would have spent defending myself or perhaps time in jail would never have made up for the damage they caused.

Last edited by rickyj; 04-10-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ae6332
I actually dont have a tuffy console, but like I said in the top of the post I just think they had absolutely no clue what they were doing.......must have been young kids?

I live in the NODA area of charlotte (north davidson street) how about yourself?
Highland Creek up in the University area.

Quick Reply: somebody really wanted my jeep...