Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Some poser shots of my CARR Rota light bar lights

Old 01-02-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some poser shots of my CARR Rota light bar lights

Finally got the Hella 500FF lights wired up and they are awesome! Here's a snowy shot from last week of the light bar.

Wired up the switches on the A pillar...

A few driveway poser shots...

Then I went out behind my housing area to test them out...

Just headlights...

Everything. (6 Hella 500FF lights, headlights and factory fogs...) I still want to aim them a bit higher so they go out further...

I love them!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

well one thing is forsure they will see you coming
Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

First test of my lights... 10 minutes ago.

While driving around behind my housing area (the exact place where I took those pictures earlier) I came across some kids in a Ford Probe, they were joyriding in the snow doing donuts and stuff and became stuck.

I just happen to be driving by giving my lights one more test before turning in for the night and see these kids stuck. I asked if they were stuck, at first I think they were embarrassed (or up to no good ) but they refused, then hastily agreed.

They wanted me to help push their car out manually, NOT! I told them to put it in neutral and to just hold on.

I pulled them out with my tow rope, the Jeep performed PERFECTLY, even in the deepish snow. The lights lit up everything like daylight. The kids thanked me and were on their way. I've helped pull people out before... I love doing that. Now I have a huge cheesy grin on my face.

Last edited by xerofall; 02-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Here are a few more shots...

I wish they had a way to keep the wires tamed more from the bar to the side brackets but it doesn't look too bad...

Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks like this mounts right to the windshield brackets. No drilling. Is that right?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spec24
it looks like this mounts right to the windshield brackets. No drilling. Is that right?
idk that bolt in the pic looks higher then the the windshield bracket, but i dont know for sure, if it is a no drill light bar i mite have to pick this up
Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
idk that bolt in the pic looks higher then the the windshield bracket, but i dont know for sure, if it is a no drill light bar i mite have to pick this up

Quadratec shows no drilling. And the pictures definitely look like it mounts to the existing bracket.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_4000.htm

Now if I can still drive into my garage without rotating it. Probably not. Oh well - I guess that's why it rotates
Old 02-03-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those look good!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Junkie

No drill at all... that's why I liked it... it uses the last free windshield bolts I had available, haha. Those big bolt looking things half way up the bar are rubber plugs that keep the bar from wiggling sideways.

My garage is tall, thankfully, so I do not need to tilt it down, but it's pretty easy to do and they provide you with a little allen wrench.

The only thing to remember... use only touch-less car washes... I forgot one day and used one with the brushes... needless to say, my lights got rearranged, lol.

It's the least expensive light bar I have seen... and I was able to keep my windshield light mounts and mirror relocation brackets. Rugged Ridge released their bar shortly after I bought this one and theirs works with the relocation and light brackets.

There is wind noise if you're driving into the wind, or going freeway speeds... but the radio volume button makes quick work of that.

Last edited by xerofall; 02-03-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

That looks great.
I would love to get mine set up that way. How does your battery hold up runnig those?

Quick Reply: Some poser shots of my CARR Rota light bar lights