Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Some new mods - ORE rocker armor, src rocker guards, hi-lift mount

Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some new mods - ORE rocker armor, src rocker guards, hi-lift mount

Some recent changes,
Off Road Evolution rocker armor. These mount using nutserts which terrified me after reading some of the stories on here BUT with the right tool (from harbor freight) and a couple of practice tries, they went in perfectly. If anyone wants to know just pm or ask me and I'll explain more.

I also added the smittybilt src rockerguards. Not my first choice but we'll see how they hold up. So far so good. The fit can be a little off but with a mallet and floor jack they went on just fine.

Finally the homemade hi-lift mount. I had read somewhere that you could use muffler clamps. I figured I'd give them a shot before I dropped 80 bucks on a pre-made mount. I also wanted it up higher for ease of loading stuff in the back end. After a trial fit I was more than impressed with how solid they hold. I can't budge the thing with all of my might. I sanded the clamps down and used an angle grinder to cut the bolts where I needed them so it would not catch the soft top on the way down. Then threw a couple of coats of bedline on them. I used nylon lock-nuts and washers to secure the clamps and some wingnuts to hold the jack on. All in all about 10 dollars and I'm pretty happy with it.

Great weather here in San Antonio so doors and top off and ready for a great weekend.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great ! nice job
Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Love the EVO rocker gaurds.

Quick Reply: Some new mods - ORE rocker armor, src rocker guards, hi-lift mount