Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Some funniness/silliness to share :)

Old 03-08-2010, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some funniness/silliness to share :)

Haha, so I won't be surprised if this thread gets moved or deleted cause of irrelevancy but I still feel like sharing haha..

Here's goes..

Estian's Step-by-Step Guide to River Crossings

Step1

Decide to go through wet area and turn Jeep in that direction

Step2

If unsure of water depth, get out and walk through the water to check

Step3

Don't slip and embarrass yourself in front of pretty girls

Step4

Repair your ego by getting a girl to walk with you and prove how slippery it is

Step5

Wait for satisfaction of seeing her bail too

Step6

Walk through water where the wheels of your Jeep will go to check for holes, big rocks and water depth

Step7

Realise the water is too deep and that getting stuck or hydrolocking is a possibility.
However, let the girl walk all the way to the end through the water for humorous effect

Step8

Point and laugh

Step9

Run back to Jeep and pretend to drive off without her, as you watch her try and run through water, and ultimately, face plant in the mud

I hope this instructional has given some insight into river crossings

Bonus Tip! (Reward for actually reading this to the bottom)

When you reach water you know is shallow, send her in anyway and laugh as she realises she got wet again for no reason at all. It's very rewarding

Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Aww, where are the "faceplant in the mud" pics? It is always WAY more fun to poke fun and laugh at the misery and failures of others.

I had one of those myself many years ago. The center of the puddle was only knee deep . . . the ruts where chest level. Slipping from the center into the ruts you quickly learn who your true friends are. :P

Last edited by Locklain; 03-08-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

hahaha nice . i will try to remember for this summer.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread isn't quite complete without a matching VIDEO!

Click on the link to see how to a river crossing with girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfV2TP3xtZc

Disclaimer: All the above footage was taken on a very easy trail, hence the silliness. Difficult and dangerous trails are taken a lot more seriously. Don't try and be funny or show off where it can harm you and those around you. Accidents happen, and don't think it'll never happen to you. Always be conscious of the environment you're driving in.

Last edited by EstianSwanepoel; 03-08-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

pssssh that is no where near close enough to hydrolock it

Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
pssssh that is no where near close enough to hydrolock it
Haha dude, further on the hood would've been deep underwater. Trust me, I would've gone through if I thought it was a lil safer. And, I didn't decide not to go through due to the possibility of ingesting water. The bottom was a really thick muddy vibe and I thought it very possible for me to get really stuck, which would've been pretty disastrous seeing that I was alone on the trail. Besides, getting water in your air intake isn't the only thing that can go wrong when going through water. You can stall a petrol engine by getting electronics wet even in shallow water. I always prefer to play it safe in water. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I have a boat and jetskis for when I want to play in water. And I rather stick to dry places with my Jeep. Well that's how I see it..
Old 03-09-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
Haha dude, further on the hood would've been deep underwater. Trust me, I would've gone through if I thought it was a lil safer. And, I didn't decide not to go through due to the possibility of ingesting water. The bottom was a really thick muddy vibe and I thought it very possible for me to get really stuck, which would've been pretty disastrous seeing that I was alone on the trail. Besides, getting water in your air intake isn't the only thing that can go wrong when going through water. You can stall a petrol engine by getting electronics wet even in shallow water. I always prefer to play it safe in water. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I have a boat and jetskis for when I want to play in water. And I rather stick to dry places with my Jeep. Well that's how I see it..
its always good to play it safe knowing you were heading to the trail by yourself, but you should of thought of that before saying to your self..let me go into the wet side of the area!! but im just saying..atleast you had fun and you had your girl to help, nothing more you should ask for!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lesta19JK
its always good to play it safe knowing you were heading to the trail by yourself, but you should of thought of that before saying to your self..let me go into the wet side of the area!! but im just saying..atleast you had fun and you had your girl to help, nothing more you should ask for!
Well actually the sign in the first pic was from another section of the trail that was really shallow. I just used it for dramatic effect hahaha

Originally Posted by ECHO
Good instructions for river crossing's.. does the kit come supplied with the girl to check the depth..
Hahaha, no not with the kit. I thought girls came standard with all JK's? Haha

Last edited by EstianSwanepoel; 03-09-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ha, Ha. I can only imagine what my wife would say if I told her to walk in the creek to see how deep it was before I drove through. Most likely she would say F@#? YOU !!! What the hell I will try it anyways.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
Well actually the sign in the first pic was from another section of the trail that was really shallow. I just used it for dramatic effect hahaha

well played sir...

Hahaha, no not with the kit. I thought girls came standard with all JK's? Haha

Quick Reply: Some funniness/silliness to share :)