Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Some carniage from this saturday

Old 11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey's Rubi
YOU YOURSELF JUST SAID THE WHEELING YOU DO IS ILLEGAL! I don't care what cops think and if they are watching you great, good for them. Next time buy them some doughnuts and coffee, that's cool that they are nice about it. We (as a responsible offroad community) need to make sure that we don't give any land rights activist ammunition for trail closure. By you going out and wheeling in ILLEGAL areas (rail road real estate included...and rail road cops aren't as cool and they will arrest you if you are on their land tearing it up) gives us a bad name. Keep taking the trash out with you, that is great but please consider wheeling elsewhere. You KNOW that it is illegal and you know that you shouldn't be doing it. For us that do LEGAL wheeling we are losing trails quickly as they are being shut down because of illegal wheeling activity. Please just use common sense next time.
Yes i did say it, but did you see me disclosing the location or telling people to come join me?? I don't think so, so you need to chill out. I bet more than half of the people here who actually go off road, at some point did something illegal on the trail.

Trails are not being closed cause someone does illegal wheeling, they close cause either the owner of the land got a better lease deal, or cause the person leasing that property doesn't make enough money to cover the cost of the lease.

I consider myself a hardcore wheeler, and need to go off road at least once a week. The closest OR park is 3 hour drive for me + $20 entry fee. So when i get off work on Saturday at 5pm, why would i drive for 6 hours plus gas and tolls, if i can just take 15 minute ride to a place that already has trails, spend a few hours there and another 15 min to get home?? Especially if it doesn't get me in trouble with the law enforcement.

I actually know people who are members of TreadLightly community and they do illegal OR once in a while. I don't see a problem with that as long as you stay on the trail that was there way before you.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

they really should make a mud color so you don't have to waste time and water cleaning it off.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Thats a great idea. I would get one like that
Old 11-27-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Seryoga
Yes i did say it, but did you see me disclosing the location or telling people to come join me?? I don't think so, so you need to chill out. I bet more than half of the people here who actually go off road, at some point did something illegal on the trail.

Trails are not being closed cause someone does illegal wheeling, they close cause either the owner of the land got a better lease deal, or cause the person leasing that property doesn't make enough money to cover the cost of the lease.

I consider myself a hardcore wheeler, and need to go off road at least once a week. The closest OR park is 3 hour drive for me + $20 entry fee. So when i get off work on Saturday at 5pm, why would i drive for 6 hours plus gas and tolls, if i can just take 15 minute ride to a place that already has trails, spend a few hours there and another 15 min to get home?? Especially if it doesn't get me in trouble with the law enforcement.

I actually know people who are members of TreadLightly community and they do illegal OR once in a while. I don't see a problem with that as long as you stay on the trail that was there way before you.
Nice pictures Serge, I am sure your neighbors love you and your mud. I absolutely love it when you get up on a soap box. It always leaves me smiling....
Old 11-29-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMAZING
Now that's FUN
Old 12-02-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Such beauty, and then you had to wash it.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Yes, you are defending it here...so yes.

Did you see me say how cool it is, disclose the locations, and invite people to come join me? No, defending my case and promoting are two completely different things. If we follow your logic here, it would mean that when lawyers defend murderers, they promote murder. Once again, your logic fails here.

Right and wrong. BLM's are closing land because of pressure from environmentalists and they have a case because of people doing illegal things on those trails (driving where they aren't supposed to is just one example). Research land closures on-line and what is going on.

It all depends on the owner, if i had a chunk of private land which belonged to me, i could careless what treehuggers whine about, and keep it open no matter what. Its owners responsibility to make sure that people tread lightly on their property. Look at Rausch Creek park, they've been open for years, and are not planning on closing it anytime soon.

Hardcore? In a JK? Please. You may be wheeling illegally but you certainly are not hardcore. What do you have on your rig? 35's? 37's? Hardly hardcore. Maybe if you dropped 60's, had 40's and TOWED your rig...then maybe that would be hardcore. I don't know you at all but what I see here isn't hardcore...unless there is something you aren't telling us.

Ever heard of expression "Its not the size, its how you use it"???

You can have the baddest rig out there, yet drive it to mall, and be afraid to put a damn scratch on it. Does that make you hardcore? I'd say it makes you a pu**y. All talk, no walk.

I don't even have 35's i have 32's, yet i wheel it like it got 44's. Ask anyone who've been out wheeling with me, i mow through anything that trail throws at me. I break all kinds of crap on my Jeep, yet i keep taking it out to the trails. And unlike others, i off road in mine twice a week, or at least 6 times a month. If that ain't hardcore, then i don't know what is. How many times have you been off road in yours with them 35's?? Once, for a labor day? WOW, you're more hardcore then i am...

When you have 60's on with 30" lift, 700hp engine, etc - it no longer hardcore, its a $hitload of money put into a machine that you don't even have to drive strategically, you just go in and out and through, no special skills required.

The founder of Eastern PA Wheelers, has this badass truck he called it MozerDozer. That thing is unstoppable, guess what, he even himself said it that its no fun to ride it at the trails, cause it makes through everything. Thats why he keeps getting other truck/Jeeps, and building them up. As soon as the vehicle he builds reaches that point of "go everywhere" he parks it, and works on another one.

The point of my rant here is to say...PROTECT OUR ORV Parks while we still have them. This is a poor example of actual wheeling and if someone wanted to raise a stink about you wheeling where you were, they could and they would have a case. Take it easy out there man...I like to wheel too!
What case?? I didn't break any of the forum rules. Just an FYI, moderators read through all the posts made, and if its unupropriate, they either edit it or remove it. I don't see neither done to my post, so i guess there is nothing wrong.

PS: You already raised stink about it, and nothing was done, so there is no case. So you need to chill out, and let it go

Have a great day...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm not going to get into the whole argument thing goin' on..(very pointless) j/w but did you ever get your flare back on? and is it as sturdy as it was previously?

- at the ring of the bell you guys can come out swingin' again -
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

Don't think I said anything about moderators removing this. If nothing else it could start a good dialouge regarding land use. I'm having a great day and I'm glad that maybe...just maybe you will think twice before using land illegally. The case has been made, I should send you the PM's and emails I've received about this.
I'll try to get it in your head one more time: "I'm not using the trails illegally, i stay on the trails that were there before me, and don't ruin the place by staying off of them. The only illegal part is trespassing because the land does not belong to me. And since neither the owner or the cops care about it, seems to me that it ain't that big of a deal too."

On this note i'm done discussing this matter in public, if you want to continue this convo, do it in PM form.

Would you please send them? Its funny how i got several PM's too, and for some reason all of them had a very similar context in them - people telling me how you're trying so hard to make a big deal about me doing some illegal wheeling, and to just ignore your posts.

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
i'm not going to get into the whole argument thing goin' on..(very pointless) j/w but did you ever get your flare back on? and is it as sturdy as it was previously?

- at the ring of the bell you guys can come out swingin' again -
Nope, i didn't yet, don't have time for that right now. But when i will stick it back on, i'm probably just gonna use some screws or bolts to mount it.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the look of the JK without flares...

how hard are they to take off and put back on..(scheming)

Quick Reply: Some carniage from this saturday