Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sombody cut my brake line!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012

Crazy ex boyfriend?
No homo lol.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Uhh...if you're on a camping trip do you think it could have possibly got pinched off while wheeling or snagged on something? Seems more likely than someone who wants you dead followed you to the camp grounds and cut your brake line.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
Uhh...if you're on a camping trip do you think it could have possibly got pinched off while wheeling or snagged on something? Seems more likely than someone who wants you dead followed you to the camp grounds and cut your brake line.
X2. Seems awfully presumptuous to think someone is out to kill you... The majority of the time, things happen for simple reasons. The simplest explanation here is trail damage.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by Prime8

X2. Seems awfully presumptuous to think someone is out to kill you... The majority of the time, things happen for simple reasons. The simplest explanation here is trail damage.
To me it looks like a clean cut, though. At least, from the pics.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gforce!

To me it looks like a clean cut, though. At least, from the pics.
And what do you cut a brake line with...? Two pieces of metal passing by each other with the brake line in between, right? Sounds like it got sheared off to me...
If I couldn't find my keys, I'd think I just misplaced them. I wouldn't think that some guy I cut off in traffic 8 years ago has been stalking me and plotting to take my keys in a malicious attempt to waste my time... The world isn't like CSI. Simple problem = simple cause.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

The criminal must have cut it with a dull rock, it looks pretty frayed in the picture...
Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by Prime8

And what do you cut a brake line with...? Two pieces of metal passing by each other with the brake line in between, right? Sounds like it got sheared off to me...
If I couldn't find my keys, I'd think I just misplaced them. I wouldn't think that some guy I cut off in traffic 8 years ago has been stalking me and plotting to take my keys in a malicious attempt to waste my time... The world isn't like CSI. Simple problem = simple cause.
I'm not saying its an elaborate issue, I've seen people make off with Empty coolers before. I wouldn't put it past the average vandal to cut someone's brake lines. Happened to my buddy a couple months ago. Plus, I think he'd know if he snapped it on a rock...they wouldn't work immediately afterwards, and he said that he checked them before leaving. Meaning, they logically were in working condition prior to when he checked them. Possibly the night before.

(I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying it happens)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

That's some shit you only see on movies!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petenice15
That's crazy, but I have one question. Why do you check under your Jeep before you drive it every time? Ive never looked under any vehicle I've ever driven.
Just in case (Inspection) i do a lot of off-road and expedition trip, almost all the time.

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
Crazy ex boyfriend?
LOL! Not really,

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
That day i called the police and they say ''Someone cut your brake line''.

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
That's some shit you only see on movies!!!
x2

Quick Reply: Sombody cut my brake line!!!