Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SolidWorks or AutoCAD JK bumper file

Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SolidWorks or AutoCAD JK bumper file

Does anyone have a DWG or the like of a JK bumper? I want to design my own, but have no experience with the software. Would help a lot to have something to start out with and tweak from there.

I have access to both SolidWorks and AutoCAD and have an Uncle with a metal shop who can build it. Just need a starting point...

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe it would be better to have a pic of a bumper similar to what I want to end up with? I'll play around a bit and see what I can make happen.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you mine posting or pming your solidworks file, I would love to get the dimensions for the bolt up section, trying to build a stinger but I don't have anywhere to take off my bumper for measurements(cause I live in an apt) and would like a nice base to start off with. If you don't mind.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've played around some and haven't produced anything usable yet. I'll keep trying, but I thought I'd give this a bump in the event someone may be able to step in and save me from myself.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

since that call of duty black ops game came out that might be your ticket

if you can extract the model from the game and then convert it to the proper format than you will be halfway done
Old 12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have auto cad 2011 and have experience with it. How basic would you like bumper to be? I can try to make you one. Would you like it isometric view, the perspective, or front right top view, asometric?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

What you like to with the file ?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

I do work in solidworks and i have thought about doing the same myself if i start one up soon i will send it your way.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

I drew this as a mounting guide. The mounting is accurate and dimensioned, the grill is roughing it but should be close. You can have this file I just need to know the format.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by waterpolodude
I have auto cad 2011 and have experience with it. How basic would you like bumper to be? I can try to make you one. Would you like it isometric view, the perspective, or front right top view, asometric?
Doesn't need to be complex. I'm pretty good at muddling myself through and learning as I go. I'm just having a hard time starting with a blank slate. In the end I'll need to have a 3D model of my final bumper design. I hope I'm not getting myself in over my head...

Originally Posted by NReavis
I do work in solidworks and i have thought about doing the same myself if i start one up soon i will send it your way.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by DMCSAS70
I drew this as a mounting guide. The mounting is accurate and dimensioned, the grill is roughing it but should be close. You can have this file I just need to know the format.

That looks like it would come in handy. Don't really know the difference with the various formats. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it reads in to SW or AutoCAD I think I can work with it.

Thanks everyone for your offers and input!

Quick Reply: SolidWorks or AutoCAD JK bumper file