Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

So my friend from FedEx stopped by today...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyPunk
I wonder if they would fit between a spare, and tailgate on some swing-out models?
Absolutely. TeraFlex has one set up that way (posted above) and Benchmark Design has a new rear bumper that uses these tanks.

Originally Posted by untold
you may want to keep that idea of mounting it on the gate, cause it fits really well. I have their 2 gallons storage model and smittybilt tailgear, I will take a pic at break and posted it.
Originally Posted by untold
its does take a lot of space, so I made stand off that are a like over 1" long, so I can use the space behind it. no pic with off.had short.lunch break.
Thanks for the pics. I measured it out and figured one pack would fit. I was hoping to run two side by side but I don't think there is enough room. How did you tie in to the tailgate? Did you put any kind of backing on the sheet metal? I'm concerned of pulling screws out if I just use the rotopax mounting disc.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 1/4 piece of flat steel ( i know overkill )that has four nuts welded to the back side, the bolts pull everything together.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default I think I have decided...

But it is going to take a while... I have in my mind now that I need a roof rack. When I take my Jeep out recreating, it is usually camping. Being a 2dr, I can't even fit all my gear in unless I take out the rear seat. This doesn't work well when I want to carry more than one passenger. So I weighed the idea of getting a trailer. I think I have put that out of my mind for various personal reasons, so I decided to go the roof rack approach instead. When I finally get it... That is what the Rotopax will mount to.

So I'll prob be updating this thread in about a year...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I did that with my set.

Hey Teraflex what kind of bumper and tire carrier is that?

Quick Reply: So my friend from FedEx stopped by today...