Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

So many jks .... No waves

Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my Jeep friday and took a little road trip yesterday. I got one wave from another JK and 2 were unreturned from from JKU's.
My dealer never told me about the wave, I learned about it here. I think they need educating.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

There should be a Jeep etiquette book you have to read before being allowed to purchase a Jeep.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IZZNICE
There should be a Jeep etiquette book you have to read before being allowed to purchase a Jeep.
Kind of like the invitation you need from ferrari before you can buy one.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jkblu32586

Kind of like the invitation you need from ferrari before you can buy one.
Yup! Maybe even a road test after reading the book/one page pamphlet to make sure you are able to wave at other Jeep owners while driving, and know to park next to other Jeeps in parking lots.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

I always wave unless I am distracted. My dealer did tell me but I already knew
Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

i only read the op's first post so forgive me if i repeat what someone else has said.

around here everyone and their grandmother drives a 4 door now. these are people that have never owned a jeep and know nothing of the jeep brotherin. don't get me wrong.......that's not altogether a bad thing, but they don't give a shit about a
jeep's off road capability or heritage. it is just an alternative, FUN vehicle to get their kids around.

they care not about modding their jeep or taking it off road, and even less about this forum so they will never know of the jeep wave.

deal with it. just keep wavin and when you get one back you will know you have crossed paths with a true brother!!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hbomb
i only read the op's first post so forgive me if i repeat what someone else has said.

around here everyone and their grandmother drives a 4 door now. these are people that have never owned a jeep and know nothing of the jeep brotherin. don't get me wrong.......that's not altogether a bad thing, but they don't give a shit about a
jeep's off road capability or heritage. it is just an alternative, FUN vehicle to get their kids around.

they care not about modding their jeep or taking it off road, and even less about this forum so they will never know of the jeep wave.

deal with it. just keep wavin and when you get one back you will know you have crossed paths with a true brother!!
Agreed.. Most people don't know but hey if only the hardcore group bought jeeps.. They would discontinue them for lack of sales so we need them as much as they need our crazy asses waving at complete strangers.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
JK Newbie

I used to wave at every wrangler I see, but got annoyed when people didn't wave back... So, now I just let the other jeeps initiate the wave then I wave back. Problem solved
Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 AM
JK Newbie

Seems that the JK killed the wave
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

I waved at a guy with an older wrangler that had jamboree stickers up and down the both sides of windshield, he looked at me like I was some kind of douchebag. So i flipped him off.

Quick Reply: So many jks .... No waves