Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me

Old 06-08-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
Yes it sucks, but atleast it didn't blow through the windshield...

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-d...njuries_f.html
wow! that is crazy. i definitely know that things could have been a lot worse. i remember someone posted pics on a subaru forum where it appeared that a brick flew through his front window and out the back. his rear window was tinted, so you could see a brick-shaped hole in his back window. he also had his kid in the back. for him, it was a perfect situaton. if it either hit him in the face, or went in the passenger side and hit his kid, it would have been a tragedy.
edit: i found the pics in the thread

Originally Posted by Love Monkey
That sucks
How far behind the dump truck were you? Did the pipe bounce off the ground first?

When I hit some contruction debris with my old vehicle one night, I told everyone it was a chupacabra!
i was three or four car lengths behind, he was in the slow lane, i was in the middle lane. 93n was busier than i would have thought it would be at that time of day. lots of cars. i was cruising at the speed limit minding my own business when i caught the pipe bounce out of the corner of my eye. i could see it bounce and then i had a second to brace for the impact. the funny things was about 5 min earlier when i was driving on a back road in reading, a leaf from a tree fluttered and hit my windshield right in front of my face... i flinched and giggled at myself.

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
insurance co. dont pay a blank check these days ! theres deductables and depreciation! and then they try to only repair just whats needed not new hoods
lucky if they remove dent and repaint it with a matching paint !

i just got the initial estimate from the adjuster... $1700 dollars to replace the grill, fender flair and headlight and to fix and repaint the hood and fender. i can;t believe how much some of the mopar parts cost!

Originally Posted by War Eagle JK
This same thing happened to me last December, driving down the highway and a 1' by 2' quarter inch thick sheet of plywood came out of the back of an 18 wheeler, shattered my windshield and the guy just drove off!
yup... people suck.

Last edited by higgins14; 06-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by higgins14
i just got the initial estimate from the adjuster... $1700 dollars to replace the grill, fender flair and headlight and to fix and repaint the hood and fender. i can;t believe how much some of the mopar parts cost!

It sucks that you don't have a second party to put in a claim against. If you did you could most likely get new everything including a hood. Some kid backed into my moms passat in my school parking deck and destroyed the rear passenger door, it wouldn't stay shut as a result (ironic because i drove it up to school so my truck, which was technically sold, wouldnt have anything happen to it since i was depending on the sale to buy my jk). Anyway, my body shop kept putting in supplemental claims for things, they honestly needed to be fixed as a result of the accident, but none the less, the dollar figure kept going up and up, but it was on that guys insurance tab, not mine. I think my initial estimate was for $2,000 but when all said and done it was more like $3,500-$4,000. VW parts are really freakin expensive.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default damage

that looks awesome! you can make up some wicked trail stories.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonadamis
that looks awesome! you can make up some wicked trail stories.
7ft grizzly bear tried to attack your jk. it'll work, for sure

Quick Reply: so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me