Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me

Old 06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That completely blows, I know here in El Paso we tend to be way cautious around any open topped truck because you never know when something like a bed might come flying at you (and yes I saw this happen, the vehicle next to me narrowly dodged it). Too bad there isn't a law requiring vehicles to not only strap down but tarp down all loose items...

Best of luck on the repairs!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar incident happen with one of my old cars. I was driving west on the interstate and a work truck passed me. As it was passing I noticed a ho, bouncing around in a trashcan strapped to the back. As soon as it got in front of me the ho flew out and hit my hood, fender, drivers door and mirror. I got the guy to stop and I got his insurance information. The insurance people declined to pay because they said the company inventoried all their tools and everything was accounted for. Next time I will call the State Troopers. Oh, it was a garden ho in case you were confused.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Gettin' hit by a ho sucks. You need to keep yo pimp hand strong!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it sucks, but atleast it didn't blow through the windshield...

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-d...njuries_f.html
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by higgins14
What appeared to be a piece of pipe wrapped in rubber bounced out of a dump truck and hit the front of my jeep today when i was driving on the highway. i pulled over, and the a-hole got off at the exit so i could not get any of his info. Now i am out $500 for the deductible... i am pissed b/c that would have been better spent on quite a few other things.

here is the damage:

It doesn't look like much, but the damage included the hood, fender, grill, headlight and possibly the fender flair. the hood latch is damaged, so i will have to stay off of the highways.

Here is my question:
The driver's side blinker blinks really fast. the passenger side blinks normally. when i run the hazard lights, all blinkers blink at the same pace. Does anyone know why this is happening?
This same thing happened to me last December, driving down the highway and a 1' by 2' quarter inch thick sheet of plywood came out of the back of an 18 wheeler, shattered my windshield and the guy just drove off!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just make up a story that you did it wheeling.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by eric262
Just make up a story that you did it wheeling.
Besides being insurance fraud, not certain why this would help (it might even hurt, since some insurance companies will claim they don't cover off-road activities). Even if they would cover it, it's still damage covered by a comprehensive policy, so the deductible applies. If you could prove that the dump truck company didn't properly secure the load and that caused the damage you might get them to pay. If the debris was recovered, if it had markings that made it clear where it came from and could be connected to the dump truck company, then the company might pay up. If they didn't, a small claims court might find in the accident victim's favor, or your insurance company might be willing to take up the battle for you (I suspect they would be comparing lawyer's fees to repair fees to make up their mind about that!). Otherwise, it's pay up the deductible time.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:31 AM
JK Junkie

That sucks
How far behind the dump truck were you? Did the pipe bounce off the ground first?

When I hit some contruction debris with my old vehicle one night, I told everyone it was a chupacabra!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Besides being insurance fraud, not certain why this would help (it might even hurt, since some insurance companies will claim they don't cover off-road activities). Even if they would cover it, it's still damage covered by a comprehensive policy, so the deductible applies. If you could prove that the dump truck company didn't properly secure the load and that caused the damage you might get them to pay. If the debris was recovered, if it had markings that made it clear where it came from and could be connected to the dump truck company, then the company might pay up. If they didn't, a small claims court might find in the accident victim's favor, or your insurance company might be willing to take up the battle for you (I suspect they would be comparing lawyer's fees to repair fees to make up their mind about that!). Otherwise, it's pay up the deductible time.
I think he was saying to make up a wheeling story to tell friends, not the insurance co.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

That sucks!

Quick Reply: so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me