Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me

Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me

What appeared to be a piece of pipe wrapped in rubber bounced out of a dump truck and hit the front of my jeep today when i was driving on the highway. i pulled over, and the a-hole got off at the exit so i could not get any of his info. Now i am out $500 for the deductible... i am pissed b/c that would have been better spent on quite a few other things.

here is the damage:

It doesn't look like much, but the damage included the hood, fender, grill, headlight and possibly the fender flair. the hood latch is damaged, so i will have to stay off of the highways.

Here is my question:
The driver's side blinker blinks really fast. the passenger side blinks normally. when i run the hazard lights, all blinkers blink at the same pace. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check to see if the drivers blinker is actually working, Mine hyper blinked when the bulb burned out.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

yea the blinker blinking fast has nothing to do with the accident your bulbs prolly just burnt out, that sucks tho, doesnt look that bad compared to other pics on this forum,
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by higgins14
Here is my question:
The driver's side blinker blinks really fast. the passenger side blinks normally. when i run the hazard lights, all blinkers blink at the same pace. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Check your signal's wiring harness too... if it was pinched somehow it may be shorting.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Now, let's turn that frown upside-down! I see an AEV heat reduction hood, bedlined grill and Overkill Engineering fenders!!! Take the cash if there is nothing more than bent panels!!!

Last edited by Orangeav; 06-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Now, let's turn that frown upside-down! I see an AEV heat reduction hood, bedlined grill and Overkill Engineering fenders!!! Take the cash if there is nothing more than bent panels!!!
Smart man! Great point here, besides the damage can give you a great excuse to do some sweet upgrades!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codyjames
check to see if the drivers blinker is actually working, Mine hyper blinked when the bulb burned out.
the blinker is not working. the impact must have burnt out the bulb.

Originally Posted by Shankspony
Check your signal's wiring harness too... if it was pinched somehow it may be shorting.
everything appeared to be ok... i am guessing that it was just the bulb.

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
well not much you can do now ! id have caught up with the driver if i had to do 80 mph and got info ! then returned to get the pipe for proof !
500 deductable sucks i get 100 just cuz i dont have the other 400 when somthing like that happens ! feel sorry for you , it happens to all of us @ some time or another usually its a stone / windshield that sucks too just be happy it didnt go through your windshield and hit you in the face ! or somthing bad ! some days when ! it makes you wonder if you should have stayed in bed !
you have no idea how pissed i was. i put my blinker on to pull over... i saw the dump truck had their blinker on too, but he turned off the exit that i had just driven past. i wasn;t about to fly around on the highway to the next exit and try to find the guy with my 15 month old in the jeep. i would be lying if i said that i didn't think about it. the situation sucked, but could have been way worse. i just put on my rear element doors and uppers. this was the first time i had him on the highway with the doors. if timing was different, i can't imagine what would have happened to my son.

Originally Posted by Orangeav
i wish... but all of that stuff would look silly on an otherwise stock jeep. i just dropped a bunch of cash on 4 element doors, bags, enclosures and uppers last week. trust me, i would rather be spending the deductible on some rubi take-of bfgs.

thanks everyone for chiming in with answers to the blinker thing. the damage isn;t too bad, it just will suck to have it in the shop next week getting fixed. i am pretty lucky that things bounced the way they did today. i was an inch the other way i would have probably missed it, but an inch the other way and it would have been bad.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

If the dump truck was a state vehicle and you remember the time and place where this happend, I would call the city and make a complaint and try to have them cover the damage.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I know the feeling, but I just keep building slowly but surly and I'll get there. Good luck on the repairs, I know how it feels to repair stuff that's not your fault... Sucks!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pjohn
If the dump truck was a state vehicle and you remember the time and place where this happend, I would call the city and make a complaint and try to have them cover the damage.
all i saw was a BIG red dump truck. i did not see a company name on either the door or the side of the vehicle. i don;t know if this is a good sign to indicate a state truck. this happened on rt. 93 which is an interstate highway. who would i make a complaint against? the MA highway department? this happened at 11:25 today by exit 39 on 93n. i would appreciate advice on how to track down the guy responsible.

Quick Reply: so i was driving down the highway, and a piece of debris hit me