Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snowboard rack pics request

Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
That is exactly why I got the gutter rack and yakima cargo box...no road grime or rock chips on the boards or skis.

[IMG][/IMG]

This sytem is still working like a charm...drove on a near 1200km road trip with the box at speeds on avg. 120 - 130km/hr (75-80mph). Skis and boards were clean when we got to our destination. No issues with the hardtop, gutter mounts and cargo box was still gripping tight to the bars. I just have to get a fairing for the front bar to reduce some wind whistling, but turning up the stereo helped drown most of it out.
Is this setup still working ok for you? No issues with wind pulling the box and causing cracking on the rain gutters?

My ski racks work great, but I'd like to try my Thule box up there one day.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

I finally mounted my Thule box tonight. I'm going to give it a try this weekend. Has anyone experienced any problems with the boxes up top yet? Like cracks in the roof gutters or anything?

Hmmm, now that I mounted it inside the garage, think I can drive out?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Any problems yet?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM
JK Junkie

worked flawlessly on a 500 mile trip. wind noise was actually less with box+ racks than racks alone! and MPG was great, same as no racks at all.

the convenience of just tossing skis & poles up there after skiing & not dealing with racks is great. plus keeping everything out of elements is nice. I love the look too.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

It does look good. I don't think I could get into the garage with one on my rig. I have to remove my antenna to get in the garage, but I do like the look.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new line of Rubicon TV commercials show a topless black RUBI on top of a mountain in winter with a snowboard rack of some sort on the rear.

The MOPAR accessories site leads me to believe Jeep is using some Thule rack possibly off the OE spare tire. Check it out.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default mine

cell phone pic....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00016.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	37449  
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey tim is there a fast way to upload cell pics? I'm on "mobi" more than a normal cpu.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

It does look good. I don't think I could get into the garage with one on my rig. I have to remove my antenna to get in the garage, but I do like the look.
Oh, there's no way unless you have an 8' high garage door

That half door yellow Rubi looks hard core!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
worked flawlessly on a 500 mile trip. wind noise was actually less with box+ racks than racks alone! and MPG was great, same as no racks at all.

the convenience of just tossing skis & poles up there after skiing & not dealing with racks is great. plus keeping everything out of elements is nice. I love the look too.
I completely agree! I have a 2 door with the same setup, I've driven about 1000 miles total with the complete rack system on and it is less noisy that with just the cross bars on and mileage wasn't effected. I would recommend the setup.

Quick Reply: Snowboard rack pics request