Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snowboard rack pics request

Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scononie
isn't there anything off the spare tire?
Mopar has a ski rack (only skis) available. There's also the thule bike rack available, but depending on who you talk to at thule, It may or may not be compatible with the JK's, and it may or may not be compatible with their Ski-rack adaptor...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
No issues yet but I just had the gutter mount and cargo box on for only a week. No leaks, rattles or seal problems to report even took it at highway speeds a few times and no issues.
That's good to hear.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

seems like they would get pretty dirty here if you had to drive more than a few miles

Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fermin
seems like they would get pretty dirty here if you had to drive more than a few miles

they do, but with a soft top 2 door, you don't really have much of a choice. I bring a towel and gallon of water with me to wash them off when I get to the slopes...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
they do, but with a soft top 2 door, you don't really have much of a choice. I bring a towel and gallon of water with me to wash them off when I get to the slopes...

ah yes. I guess without a rack your options are limited.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fermin

That's what I would think. When I go skiing I normally have a hitch carrier on the back that we put all the random equipment in that we don't need in the jeep......it get's covered in road grime.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sukemecuke
That's what I would think. When I go skiing I normally have a hitch carrier on the back that we put all the random equipment in that we don't need in the jeep......it get's covered in road grime.
That is exactly why I got the gutter rack and yakima cargo box...no road grime or rock chips on the boards or skis.

[IMG][/IMG]

This sytem is still working like a charm...drove on a near 1200km road trip with the box at speeds on avg. 120 - 130km/hr (75-80mph). Skis and boards were clean when we got to our destination. No issues with the hardtop, gutter mounts and cargo box was still gripping tight to the bars. I just have to get a fairing for the front bar to reduce some wind whistling, but turning up the stereo helped drown most of it out.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
That is exactly why I got the gutter rack and yakima cargo box...no road grime or rock chips on the boards or skis.

[IMG][/IMG]

This sytem is still working like a charm...drove on a near 1200km road trip with the box at speeds on avg. 120 - 130km/hr (75-80mph). Skis and boards were clean when we got to our destination. No issues with the hardtop, gutter mounts and cargo box was still gripping tight to the bars. I just have to get a fairing for the front bar to reduce some wind whistling, but turning up the stereo helped drown most of it out.
that's exactly what I plan to do. We have to drive a minimum of 3 hours to get to "mountains" where they have "skiing". Normally my skis and buddy's boards fair well on the roof. However, have wanted a box for a long time just haven't been able to wrangle up the funds.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sukemecuke
that's exactly what I plan to do. We have to drive a minimum of 3 hours to get to "mountains" where they have "skiing". Normally my skis and buddy's boards fair well on the roof. However, have wanted a box for a long time just haven't been able to wrangle up the funds.

I know about cargo box costs....however, I lucked out in finding used bars, gutter mounts and to believe it the skybox I have on was used. I got a smoking deal on it!!!

I am lucky for skiing....for me and my family it is no more than 5 minutes drive to the ski resort parking and a short walk to the gondola for 6000 vertical feet of skiing. However, every once and awhile I will drive a few hours and hit Silverstar, Lake Louise, sunshine and even Marmot Basin for a weekend of skiing with the family. This is when you need some protection of your ski/boarding equipment.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

this is a pic from today in my driveway. just got back form 11" of fresh on the summit! nice pow day. pic isnt the best as i used my i phone in low light. 4" drop reciever with a yakima bike/ski combo. works ok...i drive no more then an hour to get to all the slopes and the local Mtn is behind my house so its not on the road that much. (the rack that is)

Quick Reply: Snowboard rack pics request