Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snowboard rack pics request

Old 11-17-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Snowboard rack pics request

This will be my first year with the JK going snowboarding...problem is, I don't have a rack for the boards yet. Can you guys help me out and post some pics of any racks or other creative ways you cary these things. And what brand/model. I have a two door so just laying them in the back is not an option. I was thinking about a tire rack system, but can't seem to find any. Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a picture of mine, but it's pretty much along the lines of : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=snow

I have a thule bike rack with the Hitch-ski adaptor. Works very well.

I added a Blue Ox 4inch drop receiver this summer, giving me access to the cargo area. Works well...
Old 11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Sorry i can't help you i live in Florida
Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rmc4x4
Sorry i can't help you i live in Florida
Stinks to be you! (I think???)

As an add-in... one of the issues with the racks is road salt. I have heard people complain about their boards prematurely wearing out due to road salt corroding them.

I usually carry a towel and gallon of water to the slopes, and give them a quick rinse down when I arrive... then I wash them when i get home too...
Old 11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Stinks to be you! (I think???)

As an add-in... one of the issues with the racks is road salt. I have heard people complain about their boards prematurely wearing out due to road salt corroding them.

I usually carry a towel and gallon of water to the slopes, and give them a quick rinse down when I arrive... then I wash them when i get home too...
you may want to buy a soft board bag and cover the board before you put it on the rack. It would help with the salt.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeepinMass
you may want to buy a soft board bag and cover the board before you put it on the rack. It would help with the salt.
I considered it, but I don't think the bag would fit on the rack, the way it's designed...
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking at Yakima ski racks both for the hard top and hitch reciever. I am leaning towards the hitch reciever then I could hook it up to my 5th wheel in the summer for bikes. Just google yakima to find there website as I am not sure if they are a sponsor of the site.

A ski/board water proof bag would reduce the chances of salt/mud and road debris. It could get pretty nasty somedays to just get the skis/board in and out of the bags. So, I am back to looking at a rack for the hardtop....So who knows.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

here's mine, yakima on hardtop. Easily carry 4 boards.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

We don't have a rack yet either. We have a 2 door jeep and never ever have passengers except for our dogs, so we took the back seat out and our snowboards, along with all of our gear fits fine in the back of the jeep. Our snowboards are always in there in winter, we live 10 minutes away from 3 hills, so we're always snowboarding.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Here is a pic from my first JK, but I plan to go the same direction as cim330 for my current rig.

above is Thule guttermounts, 58" load bars and a faring.

Quick Reply: Snowboard rack pics request