Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

snow plow?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone needs to post some pics of old willys with plows. Weren't the willy's practically made for things like that?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

I plow with an ATV, between the plow set up and the cost of the ATV is was about the same as a new plow. I have nver had a problem mivg snow and I have a larger driveway. Plus I now have a quad for hunting and receration. Win - Win, I get a toy, wife gets the driveway plowed.

IMO I would never subject my vehicle to the abuse of plowing. When i worked at the car dealership we had 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that needed the front ends (suspension) replaced after a few years of plowing.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a small 60" plow on my 800 Polaris, it's great for your own personal use.. But I would NEVER buy a Jeep that had a plow on it, or put one on it. You could say ~ "go easy on it and you would be fine". Never happens that way! Anyone that pushes snow know that you always have to shove that pile a little harder or higher to move it.. Ha Ha And then you hit something... It's hard on trans, u-joints, brakes, front springs, a frame rails and fuel. Just drive your Jeep over curbs at 20 and hold the gas on in 4 wheel drive while pushed up to a big ass tree. Everything will flex, bend and loosen up. Unless of course u have a 1 ton frame and components under a jeep Don't do it...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want a plow on my jeep. It's just for my driveway. I got a free plow from neighbor. It's a snowbear from Lowes. Only trouble is company told me that it won't work as it's lifted and 35's All I got was the blade. I needed the mount but not sure what to do now...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jcs07jk
I want a plow on my jeep. It's just for my driveway. I got a free plow from neighbor. It's a snowbear from Lowes. Only trouble is company told me that it won't work as it's lifted and 35's All I got was the blade. I needed the mount but not sure what to do now...
Shouldn't mater if your Jeep is lifted. The plow harnes may just need some 'adapter plates' to drop the vehical mount point....as if the Jeep was stock. Meaning drop the mount on the Jeep X number of inches back to stock....your jeep is only sitting 3" higer.
Don't see it being an issue
Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's what I was hoping to do but not sure I wanted to spend 500 for the mount and have to hack something up to work or have a mount made for it. So it sits in my backyard and so far we have got about 20 inches of snow. So sad
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Bump

For the past few yrs I've been eyeing the snow sport hd plow

Gonna finally break down and get one

Also did a bit of research into snow bear and snow dog plows

Just wondering who has a plow and what type?

With my bad back I can't be shoveling anymore and a snow blower isn't convenient (my yard is kinda funky)

Quick Reply: snow plow?