Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

snow plow?

Old 11-24-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default snow plow?

anyone have them
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
anyone have them
Yes... On my ATV...
I would love to see some Snow-Plow on JK's!

I hope to buy one for my Jeep one day, where I live, it's so worth it!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

not to hijack the thread but does anyone know if operating a plow is detrimental to the vehicle? just discussing it with a bud one time and he thought it was bad for the tranny or something.. literally have no knowledge to support/contest the claim but definitely interested in the answer! thanks!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Plowsite

Look here. Lots of info http://www.plowsite.com/

Last edited by Robar; 11-25-2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Edited clickable link
Old 11-25-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by murdoc319
not to hijack the thread but does anyone know if operating a plow is detrimental to the vehicle? just discussing it with a bud one time and he thought it was bad for the tranny or something.. literally have no knowledge to support/contest the claim but definitely interested in the answer! thanks!
Yes it's bad for the trans. I had a truck I used for plowing a few years ago and I replaced the trans 3 times. The trans really doesn't like going forward and reverse in short bursts for long periods of time. It's also hell on the brakes and pretty much the whole front end. IMHO it's best with an old truck. I've been looking for an old chevy truck w a short bed or maybe a K5 for a plow truck.

I have seen Jeeps with plows. I imagine they would be great to plow a small lot. However, I have never seen a JK w a plow. All the talk here about the auto overheating would make me nervous to put a plow on it. The other draw back to the JK is you would need to use a plastic plow. I've never been a fan of the plastic ones. You want the weight and durability of the steel. I've never had a steel one crack on a curb, can't say the same about the plastic ones. I think the best set up would be a early to mid 80's chevy short box with a Boss V and a spreader in the bed.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

not mine...just a random pic i found

Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a guy around my area who has a plow on his JK. The idiot doesn't understand the Jeep wave and also looks like a DB. I was going to ask him one day when we were next to each other at the pumps but he was on his phone. His JK is stock from what I can tell and has some major front end sag with the plow on.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Up here I see a lot of Jeeps with plows. But to answer your question, like many have said, yes, it's tuff on a rig. Besides the tranny, it's really hard on the frame as well.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Widowmaker
Yes it's bad for the trans. I had a truck I used for plowing a few years ago and I replaced the trans 3 times. The trans really doesn't like going forward and reverse in short bursts for long periods of time. It's also hell on the brakes and pretty much the whole front end. IMHO it's best with an old truck. I've been looking for an old chevy truck w a short bed or maybe a K5 for a plow truck.

I have seen Jeeps with plows. I imagine they would be great to plow a small lot. However, I have never seen a JK w a plow. All the talk here about the auto overheating would make me nervous to put a plow on it. The other draw back to the JK is you would need to use a plastic plow. I've never been a fan of the plastic ones. You want the weight and durability of the steel. I've never had a steel one crack on a curb, can't say the same about the plastic ones. I think the best set up would be a early to mid 80's chevy short box with a Boss V and a spreader in the bed.
I plow with a one ton dodge diesel and boss. It's a great combo for sure. But the Lexan plows with the steel frames have come a log ways...
Old 11-25-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

my buddy has a plow on the front of his old cherokee. He's always having to fix it. Paid $1200 for the plow.

another friend bought an old Alice Chalmers tractor with a modern 3point/pto snowblower for $1500 and it always works fine

if your heart is set on a vehicle plow, do it on an old 3/4 ton or bigger truck

Quick Reply: snow plow?