Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

snorkel/roof rack or windshield light bar

Old 03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rterese12
yeah thats definitely a possibility but the more I look at dirtmans snorkel design the more i like it I pmed him to see if i could get the measurements for the battery tray just waiting on a reply.
I will more than likely be over at his place this saturday to watch them put a long arm lift on someones jeep. Ill see if I can get pics inside his engine bay.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
I will more than likely be over at his place this saturday to watch them put a long arm lift on someones jeep. Ill see if I can get pics inside his engine bay.
that would be cool if you could post them up here id like to see how it would actually turn out looking
Old 03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks man that will be much appreciated you guys are great
Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
that would be cool if you could post them up here id like to see how it would actually turn out looking
I am pretty sure he doesnt have dual batteries mounted, but from I remember you can see there is enough space in there... i think. its been a while since Ive seen the guts of it.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am pretty sure he doesnt have dual batteries mounted, but from I remember you can see there is enough space in there... i think. its been a while since Ive seen the guts of it.
yeah I was thinking the same thing from the pictures i saw it looks like it may be possible and I was hoping to maybe modify his plans on the tray and maybe drop the tube under the tray if needed to clear the batteries but I will have to look into it
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

You're going to have to cut sheet metal with any snorkel, but the AEV snorkel doesn't require you to also have to move the battery and runs into the stock airbox.

If you're looking to just run a snorkel and lightbar, I'd look at the AEV snorkel with KMA Fabrications low-profile lightbar. They work fine together and both bolt up.

If you think you may want to add a roof rack later, I'd look at getting the AEV snorkel and a Gobi lightbar. Those two were practically made for each other and with the Gobi lightbar you can add the rest of the roof rack later.

There are a few other options...you could wait for Rugged Ridge to release their snorkel, it will work with their lightbar.

In my COMPLETELY BIAS opinion though, your best bet is the Gobi and AEV...that setup has not failed me.

Last edited by Cedo Nulli; 03-31-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
You're going to have to cut sheet metal with any snorkel, but the AEV snorkel doesn't require you to also have to move the battery and runs into the stock airbox.

If you're looking to just run a snorkel and lightbar, I'd look at the AEV snorkel with KMA Fabrications low-profile lightbar. They work fine together and both bolt up.

If you think you may want to add a roof rack later, I'd look at getting the AEV snorkel and a Gobi lightbar. Those two were practically made for each other and with the Gobi lightbar you can add the rest of the roof rack later.

There are a few other options...you could wait for Rugged Ridge to release their snorkel, it will work with their lightbar.

In my COMPLETELY BIAS opinion though, your best bet is the Gobi and AEV...that setup has not failed me.
Nice setup! What is that tire and gas can carrier you have?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
Nice setup! What is that tire and gas can carrier you have?
It's an Or-Fab.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Volant Snorkel CAI and Gobi Racks here. Just had to fabricate small spacers to put bewteen the rack and the snorkel:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...i-Ranger-Racks

Click image for larger version

Name:	duro al fango.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	145030
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli

thats a pretty sweet set up you got there I really like the way they go together your right it looks like they were made for each other

Quick Reply: snorkel/roof rack or windshield light bar