Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snorkel Install and Test !

Old 07-18-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DTJK
I installed mine 2 days ago, that template is useless, its way off. I did my usual measure once cut 3 times method. good thing that black surround piece covers everything up. but i'm really unhappy with AEV's template. they say 3/4" from hood latch but it really should be more like at least an inch.

My friend learned from my mistakes and just measured my cut instead of using the template and it came out perfect.
My template was right on! Not sure why yours was not.

Originally Posted by Mariner
I like the little hex screws, might have to change out the rivets. Havn't extended the breathers yet, I am looking at bringing them up inside the the sport cage tube, still working on that.
Good idea. Since you have already forded some really deep water, you might want to check your Diffs for water...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
My template was right on! Not sure why yours was not.

Good idea. Since you have already forded some really deep water, you might want to check your Diffs for water...
Oooops......forgot about the diffs in all my boating excitement.....
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

To those of you with templates that worked well, did it come with the instructions in the box?

Mine didn't have it, I had to download from AEV site then print it out. May be something went wrong there. My friend also said his template was way off too.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Mariner.

I had some issues with my template, but it worked out for cutting the hood. The instructions should have a 1" x 1" square to measure out near the bottom corner of the photocopy to ensure it is at the right scale.

I know my template was not perfect but it still worked I just needed to grind a little more of the hood towards the windshield as it was pinching on the snorkel. I skipped on the rivets as well and went with screws. I just need to touch up the hood a little more to prevent rust.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

To those of you with templates that worked well, did it come with the instructions in the box?

Mine didn't have it, I had to download from AEV site then print it out. May be something went wrong there. My friend also said his template was way off too.
Ahhh... now that makes sense. The original template should have been included with the instructions.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love your windshield decals ( Move over ->), and the snorkel looks damn good too.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The instructions and template came in the box, all was well until i tried to to photo copy the template, bad move, used trhe one supplied from AEV and all was well

Quick Reply: Snorkel Install and Test !