Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snorkel Install and Test !

Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
now thats funny,
or is the snorkle a periscope
Old 07-18-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome! Wheeling with no top / doors is the way to do it, and i absolutely LOVE the revo evom stickker!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tw1st
Awesome! Wheeling with no top / doors is the way to do it, and i absolutely LOVE the revo evom stickker!
Your right there is nothing better than wheelin in the nude, but clean up is a bitch.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
the kit came with 1/8" s/s rivets for the trim piece but other than that pretty simple. Not so simple when your holding the drill in one hand and a beer in the other ready to make that first cut in the hood.
I used little stainless steel hex head bolts and nuts instead of the rivets.

Not a good close-up, but I think they look better than the rivets:

Mariner, did you extend the diff and transmission breather tubes?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well marked the hood and measured about a hundred times... finially cut it and it just didn't look right
I installed mine 2 days ago, that template is useless, its way off. I did my usual measure once cut 3 times method. good thing that black surround piece covers everything up. but i'm really unhappy with AEV's template. they say 3/4" from hood latch but it really should be more like at least an inch.

My friend learned from my mistakes and just measured my cut instead of using the template and it came out perfect.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DTJK
I installed mine 2 days ago, that template is useless, its way off. I did my usual measure once cut 3 times method. good thing that black surround piece covers everything up. but i'm really unhappy with AEV's template. they say 3/4" from hood latch but it really should be more like at least an inch.

My friend learned from my mistakes and just measured my cut instead of using the template and it came out perfect.
I thought i would be smart and photo copy the template in case i ripped it or worse, The photo copy turned out to be not the right size out just a bit. used the AEV template at 3/4" and it worked perfectly. the cut I made to the hood cleaned up nice and the inside cut. all is good.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I used little stainless steel hex head bolts and nuts instead of the rivets.

Not a good close-up, but I think they look better than the rivets:

Mariner, did you extend the diff and transmission breather tubes?

I like the little hex screws, might have to change out the rivets. Havn't extended the breathers yet, I am looking at bringing them up inside the the sport cage tube, still working on that.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

... oh and the horn doesn't work any more but it was no good any way. definitly a six beer cleaning job.
Used to happen to mine all the time... sounded kinda like an underwater fart... lol as long as it's not an electrical problem, and just full of water, it should dry out in a day or two and be just fine lol

btw, GREAT JOB! looks good!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

may be a stupid question but how hard is it to open the hood with the snorkel on? or do you take it off? how does that work?? very interested. and it looks great man congrats
Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
may be a stupid question but how hard is it to open the hood with the snorkel on? or do you take it off? how does that work?? very interested. and it looks great man congrats
Hood opens the same as normal, no changes to be made.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 012..jpg
Views:	87
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	77246   Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Snorkel 011..jpg
Views:	101
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	77247  

Quick Reply: Snorkel Install and Test !