Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Snapped my Trackbar in 2

Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! At least it didn't happen on a pothole on the highway. Glad you made it out safe and sound.

I'm developing a new theory: If it can be bolted to a Jeep it can be broken.

A slightly different version: Want something broken? Bolt it to a Jeep.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Further proof that the front track bar is under tremendous amounts of stress in the JK suspension scheme. When I imagine my suspension moving around beneath my Jeep while I'm driving, the front track bar is the part that's highlighted in red as a major danger zone.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was another one of those Monster trackbars snapped at the threads like that last year. Whats up? I want my money back.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Man I just installed one last week! Guess I will throw my stock one in the back for emergencies.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Former Member

Tim, do you have one on the way to get you back on the road?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertJeep

I'm developing a new theory: If it can be bolted to a Jeep it can be broken.

A slightly different version: Want something broken? Bolt it to a Jeep.
Two very good theories!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
Tim, do you have one on the way to get you back on the road?
Talk about getting hooked up.....I hit 4 parts places in Moab and no one had a front track bar for a JK...a couple have TJ track bars but thats it. The last place I talk to, Clark's Parts Plus, tell's me to go to Farabee's Jeep Rentals cause they may have some parts.

I head over to Farabee's and.....they're closed (It's Sunday at 0830). There's an "in case of emergency" sign on the door so I call the number and the owner, Richard, answers. I tell him I'm looking for a JK track bar and he says he'll be there in 5 minutes.

He shows up and we walk over to a bin that they have all their stock take off parts in and, sure as shit, 3 JK front track bars. He pulls one out and gives it to me. No charge.

On top of that, on the way off the trail yesterday, with the limited steering, I smacked another rock and bent a rim pretty good. He see's the bent rim in the back of my truck and tells me he'll loan me a spare so I can get back on the trail tomorrow (we're running White Rim over 2 days).

All in all.....crisis averted and we are good to go!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Darth JK
Man I just installed one last week! Guess I will throw my stock one in the back for emergencies.
No shit....my stock one is at home in the garage.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Former Member

Awesome!

I had just spoke to Jen (Toad) to see if you needed anything. Have a good trip and I'll see you guys soon.

Chris
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepCacher
Talk about getting hooked up.....I hit 4 parts places in Moab and no one had a front track bar for a JK...a couple have TJ track bars but thats it. The last place I talk to, Clark's Parts Plus, tell's me to go to Farabee's Jeep Rentals cause they may have some parts.

I head over to Farabee's and.....they're closed (It's Sunday at 0830). There's an "in case of emergency" sign on the door so I call the number and the owner, Richard, answers. I tell him I'm looking for a JK track bar and he says he'll be there in 5 minutes.

He shows up and we walk over to a bin that they have all their stock take off parts in and, sure as shit, 3 JK front track bars. He pulls one out and gives it to me. No charge.

On top of that, on the way off the trail yesterday, with the limited steering, I smacked another rock and bent a rim pretty good. He see's the bent rim in the back of my truck and tells me he'll loan me a spare so I can get back on the trail tomorrow (we're running White Rim over 2 days).

All in all.....crisis averted and we are good to go!!!
nice!! glad to hear you're back up and running. tried returing your call this moring but just got your answering service. lemme know if you need anything. i got some extra parts and can send them your way if needed.

Quick Reply: Snapped my Trackbar in 2