Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier

Old 01-29-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier

well i woke up at 8 this morning, which is against my religion for a saturday, and started in on this thing. like everyone says, directions are piss poor, but it is on and so far is working well with no rattles and seems to be solid. cant beat it for $685

Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

good job, JK looks awesome...I remember the directions being poor, but it's pretty straight forward.....you will love it....wow, you got it for a steal...in Canada I paid just over $900 for mine.

departure angles are the best too........I noticed your spare is sitting pretty high up....why not move it to the lowest setting, and get a better view out of your rear window?

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 01-29-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. The instructions always suck, no mtter what brand
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
good job, JK looks awesome...I remember the directions being poor, but it's pretty straight forward.....you will love it....wow, you got it for a steal...in Canada I paid just over $900 for mine.

departure angles are the best too........I noticed your spare is sitting pretty high up....why not move it to the lowest setting, and get a better view out of your rear window?

i thought about moving it down after i got it on but it was getting dark and i'm beat...almost afraid to change anything since i have no rattles lol. but yeah i noticed a cant see much out the rearview.

and it was $900 at most the major suppliers here, but i found it on amazon and then streetside auto price matched, i couldnt say no!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
Looks great. The instructions always suck, no mtter what brand
thanx man...these were extra special awful. im not a mechanic and nothing was labeled and there were very few pics. and some of those were of the SRC model! a lot of my time was figuring out what went where
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jvandy50
i thought about moving it down after i got it on but it was getting dark and i'm beat...almost afraid to change anything since i have no rattles lol. but yeah i noticed a cant see much out the rearview.

and it was $900 at most the major suppliers here, but i found it on amazon and then streetside auto price matched, i couldnt say no!
you shouldn't worry about rattles....this is a solid bumper....mine has never rattled ever....

you got a great deal...I had a bunch of extra nuts and bolts with the kit that was not used....
Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!

How level is the tire carrier? Does it swing freely into the latch? I'm asking because I'm returning my RR XHD rear bumper and tire carrier after a slew of issues with the carrier sagging and looking for an alternative. I'd still like to use my linkage kit and connect the gate to the tire carrier if possible.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
you shouldn't worry about rattles....this is a solid bumper....mine has never rattled ever....

you got a great deal...I had a bunch of extra nuts and bolts with the kit that was not used....
man i did too, and i think that was what was taking me so long and confusing the hell outta me. the directions didnt say when to use what washers, and like i said, im no mechanic. i also had a couple brackets left...guessing for a 3rd brakelight
Old 01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Spank
Looks great!

How level is the tire carrier? Does it swing freely into the latch? I'm asking because I'm returning my RR XHD rear bumper and tire carrier after a slew of issues with the carrier sagging and looking for an alternative. I'd still like to use my linkage kit and connect the gate to the tire carrier if possible.
you do have to lift ever so slightly to get it in the latch. and i tightened the dog turd out of it cause i didnt want any rattles, so it swings freely but not real fast, not real slow. the brace piece was a little bent from shipping im guessing, but it was easily bendable with the help of my hammer
Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

I just installed mine tonight. I was wondering why I had so many parts left over.. now I know LOL I was able to pick it up for $710

Still need to run the wire for the third brake light.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt XRC rear bumper/tire carrier