Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smittybilt XRC bumpers...opinions

Old 11-22-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt XRC bumpers...opinions

im about to order the smttybilt XRC rear bumper and tire carrier

I want your opinions...

also, down the road i might purchase the XRC front bumper
Old 11-22-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I have this bumper and tire carrier. Never had 1 issue with it. Great quality, well made. Some of these bumpers have had issues, use the search tool at the upper right of the page, you can find out a lot of info
Old 11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

I have them both and really like them.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

these look pretty sweet. im thinking about getting a set too - im glad that they work as good as they look.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those on this forum that know me, know I am an advid fan of the front and rear Smittybilt XRC bumpers. They are extremely high quality and for the $, are very comeptitive for the features they provide. I ran the front bumper for almost 9 months before switching to a stinger bumper and still run the rear XRC with tire carrier since it REALLY holds a 40" tire with ZERO problems!

Me on the right....

Old 11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently got the front bumper, easy install, looks great, and seems very functional. The XRC-8 winch went right on with no issues as well.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

i run the rear ... nice lookin, reasonable customer service when i had issues, and suprisingly sturdy tire mount (with the 35" KM2 i can hang my 240lb self on it with little noticable flex), and it's one of the best looking latches out there. also easy to mount.

but in general there's a reason it's one of the cheapest to buy. the china powdercoat is a JOKE and will chip off if you look at it wrong. the latch is usualy a few good jerks to get open. i had an issue with it contacting my body pinch seam and clicking. there is no stop built in for the swingout so if you just let it go it will bind on the gusset and not only scale off any and all paint/powdercoat, but bend the gusset and gouge the swingout lower bar. it's also in the way of the tailgate fully opening and the first thing to hit is the swingout pivot clamp bolts so it's a nice hard sharp edge to break up the plastic hinge cover before gouging the hinge. i generaly refuse to buy anything from SmittyBuilt, ever.

i'm happy with my purchase as it was scratch-n-dent so it was half off. once my YJ has been rebuilt this winter i plan to sell the XRC and build my own.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to see side pics of this bumper with stock flares
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Alf1096
I would like to see side pics of this bumper with stock flares
Old 11-23-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Freak