Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smittybilt SRC Powder Coat Fix

Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt SRC Powder Coat Fix

So now that the old fenders are off I can repair the damage they caused to the Smittybilt bumper. I have to say the powder ciat on this bumper is very thick. so with some 1000 grit sand paper, A little newspaper, tape and left over truck bed liner spray coating is better than it was...

Before

After

dp
Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thinking about getting the same bumper. Where was the clearence issue?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

I have the same bumper. And one of my sides are perfectly clear but my other side is just a slight bit in and rubs on the fender
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SOBX
Thinking about getting the same bumper. Where was the clearence issue?
clearance is the outside edge of the stock fender. it is about 1/8" away from the bar. so when wheelin you get the fender bouncing and bam... i have to say it is a great bumper and the finish is thick. winch went right on XRC10. If you are keeping the stock fenders on mine if i had cut another 1/8" off it would not of hit. i just wanted fenders....

Originally Posted by tapp
I have the same bumper. And one of my sides are perfectly clear but my other side is just a slight bit in and rubs on the fender
Mine wa son both side that was just the worst of the two.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Powder Coat Fix