Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smittybilt oversized tire carrier installed

Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smittybilt oversized tire carrier installed

Replaced the stock tire carrier with the Smittybilt unit yesterday, I have 33's, and i didn't think i needed to replace the factory Pepsi can thick unit until i touched the carrier with my hands a couple of days ago doing something completely unrelated and realize how shitty it was, no wonder the comments from people saying it can break even with the factory spare wheel/tire, on top of that i have aftermarket wheels so the spare wasn't even touching the factory carrier bumpstops.

Took me couple of hours hour to install, mainly because i had to grind my Rudge Ridge CB antenna mount so the SB stop bar will sit straight, and i had to make a run to Lowes to buy new grinding wheels to do this, came out great, no issues during install other than me wanting to keep my CB mount where it was, cheap, easy to install, and fairly functional considering i'll have 33's for a big while, the item weighted 25lbs (Bath scale), has no rattles and is doing what it's supposed to better than stock.

20151017_110915 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

20151017_110930 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

20151017_112917 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

20151017_112932 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Untitled by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Smittybilt oversized tire carrier installed