Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Overhead Console

Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Overhead Console

I recently bought the Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Overhead Console and seat covers. The seat covers fit and look good, i love em. Only problem is that when i ordered the console the only pics i could find never showed it mounted. I have a hard top with the MBRP rack fixed to it, if i mount the console i won't be able to access the freedom top release handles. The ads never said soft top only... any one using the console on a hard top? if so how do you remove the freedom panels? Thanx!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've wondered about this myself.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

not compatible with freedom top....i had one in my 2000 sahara and i freakin loved it, so when i got my 2011 sahara i looked into it and ran into your issue...i think ill get more use out of the freedom top
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0268-1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	131648  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I have it and it works fine. I could see if you have fat fingers it would be tough to get to the lever but I can do it on my 07 Sahara.
They reconfigured where the latches are for the newer models though. I can see where the front one on the newer hardtops would be pretty much impossible to get to with that inplace.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Member

Here is the note I have on that.

"Does fit vehicles with OEM Hardtops, but limits
access to center latch on top

Will not work on freedom hard top were the front
center latch clamps to footman loop on windshield
frame."

Quick Reply: Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Overhead Console