Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

smitty rock guards post them up

Old 10-22-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smitty rock guards post them up

want to see some smittybilt rock guards, im looking to get them and was wondering how they fit and if you can post pics that would be great thanks got mine on here they are

Last edited by deekum1627; 11-06-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

cant seem to find it
Old 10-23-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

no body has these on there jeep?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think there are a couple with them, but not many. I have the rocker guards personally.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMudder
I think there are a couple with them, but not many. I have the rocker guards personally.
i just order the rocker guards. do you have pic of them on. how do you like them
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i just order the rocker guards. do you have pic of them on. how do you like them

Sure. I like them. The type of offroading I do (hence the screen name) doesn't really require the hardcore rocker protection that those who deal in rocks etc would need. I'm very happy with them, but I haven't really tested them. I know there is a thread where someone had an issue with some rocker damage as they were pushed up into the side of the jeep. They do everything I expected them to for me, and I really liked the looks of them.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKMudder
I know there is a thread where someone had an issue with some rocker damage as they were pushed up into the side of the jeep. They do everything I expected them to for me, and I really liked the looks of them.
I started that thread. I bought the Smitty Rocker Guard and loved them at first. Then I went crawling on some ledges and tested them pretty good. The result:

Damage to my rocker panels. The tube center section bent and pressed into my sheet metal so I complained to Smitty and they offered 2 options as replacements. So I chose their SRC Classic. So far it has worked great for me and they have not bent.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, if your are interested I still have the original Smitty Rock Guards. They are not damaged at all. If you would like them, come get them and I'll give them to you FREE. For moderate wheeling, they are fine. But for big rocks, I would not recommend them.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like em. I think they are the best looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000953..jpg
Views:	143
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	98110
Old 10-25-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by renpia
BTW, if your are interested I still have the original Smitty Rock Guards. They are not damaged at all. If you would like them, come get them and I'll give them to you FREE. For moderate wheeling, they are fine. But for big rocks, I would not recommend them.
damn a few days late. lol thanks for the info i just do some trail wheeling i dont do rock crawling to the extent that i would damge anything so i think i should be good. i just really wanted to get rid of those ground effects step bars lol

Quick Reply: smitty rock guards post them up