Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smashed the Sahara :-(

Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkJK
Glad no one was hurt! Really doesn't look that bad to me. Kind of impressed with the strength of the JK considering the Highlander was totaled. Was it a straight T-bone or a glancing blow by the highlander? That shouldn't be totaled IMO.
Im not really suprised the toyota was totalled. they are made from pepsi can material. absolute junk.

I farted on my brothers corolla and it dented. I would go after the insurance from the girl citing the toyota would not stop and it accellerated uncontrollably...

I think the JK can be fixed...looks not to bad as long as the frame is not tweaked...
Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's back!

Well, I got her back! Two return trips to the shop and all was well. Can't tell you how awesome they were. I'll do a full write-up of the final process and post pics later this week.

Last edited by TurkeyFreer; 07-11-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TurkeyFreer
Well, I got her back! Two return trips tot he shop and all was well. Can't tell you how awesome they were. I'll do a full write-up of the final process and post pics later this week.

Congrats on being reunited!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that took forever!
A shop here fixed my old car in 3 days
Old 07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
Im not really suprised the toyota was totalled. they are made from pepsi can material. absolute junk.

I farted on my brothers corolla and it dented. I would go after the insurance from the girl citing the toyota would not stop and it accellerated uncontrollably...

I think the JK can be fixed...looks not to bad as long as the frame is not tweaked...
LOL! Have you pushed on any of your body panels on your jeep? Dont get me wrong i love my jeep but the weight saving panels are just as flimsy as the rest of newer vehicles...
Old 07-12-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Sucks to have that happen! Hopefully the fix is proper.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just a tease....

So I've been driving the Jeep for about 10 days now and everything is perfect. The shop did outstanding work. Spent the weekend at my brother's (he's a mechanic) and he couldn't believe what they did. While I was there I also installed Dominion Off Road On Board Air set-up with a 2 gallon tank and some Body Armor Rock Sliders. (Camera died - so I'll get pictures of everything soon. ) The below picture was sent to me by the shop - after I got her back - as they were afraid I'd be mad. Apparently some people don’t like it when they take the vehicle complete apart!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rolling Chasis.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	183187

Reminds me, I have two side steps for sale ($50). They are in NC for pick-up. Posted in For Sale Section.

Last edited by TurkeyFreer; 07-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Apparently some people don’t like it when they take the vehicle complete apart!...
That's cool!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

The below picture was sent to me by the shop - after I got her back - as they were afraid I'd be mad. Apparently some people don’t like it when they take the vehicle complete apart!

Attachment 183187
You could fit 60" tires with that body lift!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

99% sure that heavy sliders would have made a huge difference....Once I get her back I'll be in the market for a set.
I think the rock slider in a car accident would cause more damage, all the impact would have gotten transferred to the frame, if frame mounted. Lees body damage, but more frame damage.

Quick Reply: Smashed the Sahara :-(