Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smashed the Sahara :-(

Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and why wasnt your JK totaled out?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
and why wasnt your JK totaled out?
It wasn't totaled based on the fact that all the damage was centered on the passenger B-Pillar and really didn't look that bad....The body shop and my insurance company guarantee the repairs for life, so the shop is being maticuluos in the repair....Rather than just slap some panels, bondo and paint on it they are doing it right. Stripped it down and started from the inside out. Makes it look a lot worse than it was but hopefully it will be as good as new in a few more days!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

ok ... sounds good, I was just curious. YOu know you should have the interior Line X or something equivalent since the JK is being gutted
Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

I was in a pretty bad collision in my 99 TJ and they didn't total it. Did over $9000 worth of damage including a slight frame bend. My wife is a claims adjuster and explains it like this: They will only total a vehicle if the damage exceeds 75% of the current value of your Jeep ie if your Jeep is worth $20,000, then damage would have to exceed $15000 for them to have it totaled. Otherwise it will be repaired.

In my accident they repaired everything to like new (I could see some bond work in a couple of places...), but it drove and looked new. The only downside is you have to legally disclose the accident to a future buyer which almost cost me a sale when I got rid of it in 2003.

Looks like they're doing a great job and I can attest firsthand that jeeps are tough SOBs. I was able to drive my car off the road at the accident. The Honda that hit me was big time totaled and the driver left in an ambulance...give me a body on frame Jeep any day!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
I was in a pretty bad collision in my 99 TJ and they didn't total it. Did over $9000 worth of damage including a slight frame bend. My wife is a claims adjuster and explains it like this: They will only total a vehicle if the damage exceeds 75% of the current value of your Jeep ie if your Jeep is worth $20,000, then damage would have to exceed $15000 for them to have it totaled. Otherwise it will be repaired.

In my accident they repaired everything to like new (I could see some bond work in a couple of places...), but it drove and looked new. The only downside is you have to legally disclose the accident to a future buyer which almost cost me a sale when I got rid of it in 2003.

Looks like they're doing a great job and I can attest firsthand that jeeps are tough SOBs. I was able to drive my car off the road at the accident. The Honda that hit me was big time totaled and the driver left in an ambulance...give me a body on frame Jeep any day!
Totally agree! I would have had them Line-X the tub, but didn't know they were going to have to tear it all the way down I made a deal with the shop manager who loves the Unlimiteds: If he puts my girl back together like new, I'll take the top and doors off and he can have it for a Saturday.

Reminds me, I need to order a replacement JK Sticker for the front quarter.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

its still being worked on, tell your mechanic to finish the floor and clean it up a bit but to not install any of the interior components. That way you can get it Line X, at least now you dont have to worry about scrapping off the factory sound dampening gunk thats found on the floor board. I say DO IT, DO IT NOW !!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
its still being worked on, tell your mechanic to finish the floor and clean it up a bit but to not install any of the interior components. That way you can get it Line X, at least now you dont have to worry about scrapping off the factory sound dampening gunk thats found on the floor board. I say DO IT, DO IT NOW !!
Calling now!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TurkeyFreer
Calling now!
DOH!!!!!

They've already started putting her back together.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

When the side airbags deployed, did they provide head protection or just the chest area?

Did they look like the one pictured on this 2011 model?
http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/wrangler...security_tour/
Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BSDeez16
When the side airbags deployed, did they provide head protection or just the chest area?

Did they look like the one pictured on this 2011 model?
http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/wrangler...security_tour/
I was the only one in the Jeep when the accident happened and the passenger side airbag is what deployed, so I can't be for certain....The way the bag deployed and what I saw after looked as if it will provide head protection as well as torso.

Quick Reply: Smashed the Sahara :-(