Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smashed the Sahara :-(

Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that hurts......
Old 04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default UPDATE: Pictures from the Repair Shop

So the teardown has begun. Under the Nationwide "Blue Ribbon" Auto Repair I get updates with pictures everyday throughout the process. So far I have been extremely impressed with both the Nationwide claims folks and the "Blue Ribbon" shop they recommended. Here are the first pictures as they begin the dis-assembly. In the shot of the undercarriage you can see where the pitman arm was completely sheared off as a result of the tire being forced against the curb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Repairs 3.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	151337Click image for larger version

Name:	Repairs 4 Pitman Arm.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	151336Click image for larger version

Name:	Repairs 2.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	151335Click image for larger version

Name:	Repairs 1.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	151334
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Wow, I'm still amazed at how well Jeeps hold up in accidents. I got rock sliders for my Sahara. Really sturdy. Just a thought for yours.
I hope your Jeep comes out good as new. The tires you want should fit fine with your stock setup. Glad you're okay.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TurkeyFreer
So the teardown has begun. Under the Nationwide "Blue Ribbon" Auto Repair I get updates with pictures everyday throughout the process. So far I have been extremely impressed with both the Nationwide claims folks and the "Blue Ribbon" shop they recommended. Here are the first pictures as they begin the dis-assembly. In the shot of the undercarriage you can see where the pitman arm was completely sheared off as a result of the tire being forced against the curb.
Maybe those steps actually helped absorb a lot of crushing force applied towards the rocker!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

:
Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
Stupid 18year old girls in stupid highlanders probably on stupid Facebook. I bet her new status us.... "walking" lmao!
:rotfl mao2:
Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auch sorry to hear.
TurkeyFreer
Think rock sliders would have helped and resulted in less damage? Can you ask the shop if you don't mind?
Also, I am 99% sure your new tire size will work but why not start a new thread on the subject? You'll get a quicker response

Last edited by speed2005; 04-18-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by muddenjeep
If it were me I'd be hoping for totaled, your Jeep will never be the same, i would say everything is tweeked a little, check the tailgate, bet it doesn't shut the same. Tbones are always rough fixes, the top will leak and sure there's more damaged, than you can see.
I was thinking the same thing. Id rather get a new Jeep. It may not look all that bad, but it will never be/drive the same...
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speed2005
Auch sorry to hear.
TurkeyFreer
Think rock sliders would have helped and resulted in less damage? Can you ask the shop if you don't mind?
Also, I am 99% sure your new tire size will work but why not start a new thread on the subject? You'll get a quicker response

99% sure that heavy sliders would have made a huge difference....Once I get her back I'll be in the market for a set.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default UPDATE on Delivery

Word from the shop is they hope to have my Jeep back to me May 31st - Ouch. That's a long time with no wheels.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dont feel bad man! i have been without mine since march 2nd... and i still wont get it back till the middle of may.. They first told me middle of april now middle of may.. The time goes faster than you think it will. They are waiting for dynatrac to ship my pro-rock 44.

Quick Reply: Smashed the Sahara :-(