Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smashed the Sahara :-(

Old 04-12-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure if you have a hardtop for it that it still fits right, I got t-boned with way less body damage than you and now my freedom top panels are off. One sticks out farther in front than the other. Doesn't leak luckily, just annoying.
I had a bikini top on in the wreck.

Last edited by mkjeep; 04-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Make sure if you have a hardtop for it that it still fits right, I got t-boned with way less body damage than you and now my freedom top panels are off. One sticks out farther in front than the other. Doesn't leak luckily, just annoying.
I had a bikini top on in the wreck.
No hardtop - soft top only, so I should be good. Luckily the damage doesn't appear to have really tweaked the body too bad. A little bit where the hood meets the front quarter that appears to be from where the rocker is pushed up. Once the rocker panel is starightend out all should be back in line.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TurkeyFreer
I hope you are right! The doors will have to be replaced and some pulling etc on the rocker....Side Curatain Airbag deployed too, but I found out since they are build into the seat on a Jeep they are a lot easier and cheaper to replace. Fingers crossed!
I had same type accident but on driver side and they replaced the doors and cut out the damaged rocker. Was about 5k in damage covered by other drivers insurance. Ask about Dimished value and tell them you want to get paid for the diminished value. Could get a few grand for mods.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gcollura
I had same type accident but on driver side and they replaced the doors and cut out the damaged rocker. Was about 5k in damage covered by other drivers insurance. Ask about Dimished value and tell them you want to get paid for the diminished value. Could get a few grand for mods.
I was at fault so.....Never been in an accident. What is "diminished value?"
Old 04-12-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TurkeyFreer
I was at fault so.....Never been in an accident. What is "diminished value?"
Diminished value is the amount your vehicle loses in value due to the accident even when fixed. Only problem is since you were at fault you can not make the claim against your own insurance company. Someone else has to be at fault.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

If it were me I'd be hoping for totaled, your Jeep will never be the same, i would say everything is tweeked a little, check the tailgate, bet it doesn't shut the same. Tbones are always rough fixes, the top will leak and sure there's more damaged, than you can see.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by muddenjeep
If it were me I'd be hoping for totaled, your Jeep will never be the same, i would say everything is tweeked a little, check the tailgate, bet it doesn't shut the same. Tbones are always rough fixes, the top will leak and sure there's more damaged, than you can see.
I'm 50/50 on whether I want it to be totaled....The hassle/headache of having to get the undamaged gear (winch, lights, etc.) and then dealing with the insurance to get a reasonable payout price.....It's outta my hands right now. I'll know by tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck bud, my fingers are crossed you get good news.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man.. Looks like the steps are made out of wood from the pic

Why didnt you yield haha jk
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
That sucks man.. Looks like the steps are made out of wood from the pic

Why didnt you yield haha jk
HaHa - yeah

Intersection I go through 50 times a week....Just didn't see her. I yeilded, but not at the right time

Quick Reply: Smashed the Sahara :-(