Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Smashed the Sahara :-(

Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smashed the Sahara :-(

So, I was coming across an intersection 2 blocks from my house when I got nailed by a Toyota Highlander. 18 year old girl driving. I was deemed at fault for failure to yield. No one hurt is the good news. Highlander is totaled. What's the thought on the Jeep? Will they fix it or total it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smashed Jeep.jpg
Views:	2926
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	149293
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Ouch man, sorry for your loss. At least no one was hurt, that's the most important thing. It hurts to see a T-boned JK though.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IamB00B
Ouch man, sorry for your loss. At least no one was hurt, that's the most important thing. It hurts to see a T-boned JK though.
Yeah it sucked. I'm waiting on the shop to give me the estimate for repair. Hoping they don't total it. f they do i have to go get my stuff off :-( Winch, mount, lights, wires, controls....Oye.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Doesn't look to bad. Need new step and fix a couple of dents and you are rolling!! Sorry about your JK, glad everyone is ok!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Theyll probably fix it, doubt it would be totalled.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PatrickESJK
Doesn't look to bad. Need new step and fix a couple of dents and you are rolling!! Sorry about your JK, glad everyone is ok!!!!!
I hope you are right! The doors will have to be replaced and some pulling etc on the rocker....Side Curatain Airbag deployed too, but I found out since they are build into the seat on a Jeep they are a lot easier and cheaper to replace. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depends on Mileage and overall tweek of your Jeep. I used to do estimates for a bodyshop here in California... and when someone would come in with a total... we would always strive to fix it. (Bodyshops get big bucks for vehicle repairs like that). So you could end up being totalled but the shop will save you on aftermarket parts or used parts to keep it from really being a total loss.

Im sorry for your loss and im glad everyone is okay. Stupid girls in stupid highlanders.

edit: spelling... lol

Last edited by KyleTheGrouch; 04-12-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad no one was hurt! Really doesn't look that bad to me. Kind of impressed with the strength of the JK considering the Highlander was totaled. Was it a straight T-bone or a glancing blow by the highlander? That shouldn't be totaled IMO.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think that is totalled. When I seen the thumbnail I thought it had crushed to the frame but upon closer inspection, it looks cosmetic, really expensive cosmetic.

It also is a good reason to go to Poison Spyder Flat Fenders, Rocker Knockers, and Armor. Of course, i am always looking for a reason to upgrade :-)
I hope it all works to your benefit. Suck they stuck you at fault. If a driver is under 20 yrs old, it should automatically be their fault, well most cases anyways.
Fun Fact, in Japan, They measure fault at percentage, you are always at least 1% at fault.

Last edited by murdadock; 04-12-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by murdadock
I don't think that is totalled. When I seen the thumbnail I thought it had crushed to the frame but upon closer inspection, it looks cosmetic, really expensive cosmetic.
It was a dead on T-Bone. She was running about 30mp I'd guess when she hit me - no brakes. I thought it was toast when it happened, but when I went to the yard the next day it really doesn't look too bad. The rocker panel took the hit. The doors are banged up but the glass didn't even break. The hit does not go to the frame and on my inspection it didn't even look that the body mount tabs were affected. I'm hoping that it is all cosmetic - expensive to be sure - but cosmetic.

Quick Reply: Smashed the Sahara :-(