Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

sliders like EVO??

Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by River Runner
5 in between tubes sounds correct, as far as the tube going to the frame, i just set them on jack stands and measured. FYI... on a 4 door it will be three diferent lengths due to the way the frame is made. I am the guy that called evo, they did give me a few measurements but told me where to measure from so that the lower tube will look correct, from there i just 45ed a tube to connect to the upper tube and it all came out nice. i would take measurements but my loving wife has now taken MY jeep as hers and she is buying me a 2012 harley street glide this friday... gotta love her
River Runner - If you do manage to get those measurements I would sure be interested
Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

The total measurement from bottom of lower tube to top of upper tube is 7" i used seamless 1 1/2" boiler tube so the distance between the tube is 4"s. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHEN I TELL YOU...... IT IS NOTHING AGAINST YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM, I MADE EVO A PROMISE AND I INTEND TO KEEP IT, SORRY BUT THAT IS THE ONLY MEASUREMENT I WILL GIVE OUT... Seven inches is the magic number no matter what size tube you use, that is 7" from bottom to top
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

riverrunner.....thanks for the help, and no problem with the promise.....its good to keep your word again, thank you for the help, itll be a couple months before i get to that part of the project......
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

I like the homemade look too...........Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0198.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	281841Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0196.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	281842Click image for larger version