Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Skid Row Offroad Engine/Trans Skid

Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Row Offroad Engine/Trans Skid

Just installed this skid plate yesterday. Nothing too terribly difficult. I didn't even have to make the exhaust adjustment as mine was 1/4" to 1/2" above the plate. As for quality and ease of install I give it a 10 out of 10, and I've heard nothing but good about the durability on this skid. Here are a few pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good, i will start saving up for some skid plates soon, still waiting for the bumper so i can install the winch...
I like that you placed a rag on the jack not to scratch it, but it'll get really f#cked up when you take it off road...
my stock skids are all scratched, dented, rusted....
take it to rousch creeck and test it out dude
Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Had mine installed this past Thursday. Now I have to take to the trails and see how the skid holds up. Looks solid so I don't expect any issues.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had it out to Rausch Creek last year and thats when I decided a skid was an absolute must. That park is loads of fun. A 6 hour drive for me, but hey road trips are way more fun in a Jeep. I'll probably head out that way this year again depending on if I can get at least a set of 33's or 35's. We'll see.

Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. You will find plenty of Rocks at RC to test it out.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

It looks like your oil pan was begging for the skid. I have the same skid and the rattle eventually went away when I got some dirt and mud underneath the exhaust. Hasn't failed me yet! The skids are always a last thought when you first get the Jeep (at least for me) until you get those first few dents and scratches!

Quick Reply: Skid Row Offroad Engine/Trans Skid