Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Skid plates for a JK with a Hemi?

Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid plates for a JK with a Hemi?

I was wondering if anyone with a Jk and a Hemi has found skid plates that work with together.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by johnnygresham
I was wondering if anyone with a Jk and a Hemi has found skid plates that work with together.
There is nothing out of the box. You could modify most any to work but would take some doing.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

The different lifts are the problem we need a couple differnt ones to work off of right now we are going to work off of futre Hemi Projects and fab and measure each one off to come up with a couple applications.

Gerry
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Rock Hard skid because it mounts to the engine mounts and not the block. I figured that would be easier to fabricate. My friend fab'd up some new mounting brackets in about 90 minutes. He moved the oil drain hole to the new location as well, putting the metal from the new hole into the old hole location. It all turned out pretty good. But then I am also running the AEV 4.5" lift which uses the factory arms. I think the skids that mount to the engine block in front would be much harder.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
The different lifts are the problem we need a couple differnt ones to work off of right now we are going to work off of futre Hemi Projects and fab and measure each one off to come up with a couple applications.

Gerry
Do you think it's a good basis to start from (rock hard) or should I start from scratch? Any pics I'm doing the aev lift too.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs

Gerry
Give me a deal on the hemi install and you are welcome to use my JK unlimited to "moc" your skids on
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you think it's a good basis to start from (rock hard) or should I start from scratch? Any pics I'm doing the aev lift too.
I had the Rock Hards. Had the same thing done for the engine skid. Welded the brakets to the frame and moved the oil drame back. The rest of it fit fine. That was until the Full Traction Long Arm.

None of it fits now because the new cross member is lower than stock. I'm going to make the engine skid work, but I've been loooking to for someone to make me a skid that covers the transfer case and the front half of the gas tank.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just started with the Rock Hard skid as almost a shot in the dark. I was looking for any engine skid that did not mount to the block, like some do. If you want some pics I could certainly do that. I don't have it installed right now, mainly because I need to change my front drive shaft as I am running the 4.5" AEV lift with the extra "axle droop" (front shock mounts are different). But I would be happy to take some pics of it off. Let me know.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

We've built a few, here's some shots. Adam

Old 06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks really nice! Great workmanship. Any reason why it isn't wider??

Quick Reply: Skid plates for a JK with a Hemi?