Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Single DIN switch panel?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single DIN switch panel?

Has anyone installed a single DIN head unit in their Jeep and used the extra space underneath to put in a switch panel for lights, lockers, etc.? If so, could you post some pics?

I've got a 2011, and I can't think of where to put switches. Getting impatient waiting for the Rugged Ridge pillar pod...Thought this might be an option.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

havint added switches but one of the few with a single din...heres my sub tooClick image for larger version

Name:	image-1724832836.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	118763Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3466452017.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	118764
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fandango777
havint added switches but one of the few with a single din...heres my sub tooAttachment 118763Attachment 118764
Very nice

Doubt I'll do a sub though...Our 2 doors aren't overly blessed with cargo-capacity in the first place...

Do you think you will try to put switches there? I've never done any kind of aftermarket wiring, but I'm in bad need of some bright lights out front, and I'm dragging my feet on this switch thing...
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

personally I would never put switches there. In my opinion it just wouldn't look neat and clean at least not in any way I can imagine it. Im not going to do anything drastic other than my radio to the jeep just yet but If I was going to add lights which I wish I had the money for. I would just install switches to the left of the steering wheel.

A note about the sub. You are speaking my language about the two doors not having any cargo room haha I made banana clips for my subwoofer so I can pull the thing out and my backseat or whatever when I need the extra space. small little baby woofers didnt pound hard enough for me

Quick Reply: Single DIN switch panel?