Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Silver vs. Black unlimited rubicon?
Bright Silver
51.39%
Black
48.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Silver or Black rubicon?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BLACK! It may get dirty quicker and make scratches more visable, but it's just bada$$. Jeeps are meant to get dirty!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had this same dilemma a couple weeks ago when buying my new JK. I'm not a fan of any of spectrum colors on my own vehicles, but I do like seeing colors on other's rides. So basically this boils down to black, white, gray, or silver for me. Really can't go wrong with any of those four choices IMO. In the end I went silver this time around. I agree with some of the others here that black looks best/meanest, but it's also the most pain in the ass to maintain. If mine wasn't a daily driver, I probably would've went black. The silver looks fantastic though.

PS: If Jeep Jeep ever offered a matte black or matte battleship gray from the factory, I'd be first in line to order one.

Last edited by Jeep Junkie; 04-14-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep Junkie
PS: If Jeep Jeep ever offered a matte black or matte battleship gray from the factory, I'd be first in line to order one.
i'd like to see some matte colors as well, that would be awesome. unfortunately i can't see that ever becoming a factory option.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Black all the way!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

black looks good when is shiny and clean, but on the trail IMO when dusty it usually looks pretty bad, like an old beat up jeep.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Color options

Black and silver are for a Bentley. Jeeps should be bright colors or Earth tones. It stinks they only offer the khaki top on the Sahara. I really wanted my Rubi in Jeep green with a khaki hardtop and interior.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

all i know is silver is going to show less scratches. and im not saying that cause i have a silver one. but i have a lot of scratches on it that you can't see unless you look really close. with black your going to see EVERYTHING
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjay37
i'd like to see some matte colors as well, that would be awesome. unfortunately i can't see that ever becoming a factory option.
I wonder why. Everyone I talk to absolutely loves the idea and the look of matte. The no nonsense, anti-bling, raw industrial style of matte seems so well suited for the Jeep vs other vehicles. I think it would be a homerun if they did it. Imagine a matte black/battleship gray Jeep equipped with a Hemi from the factory.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the basic sentiment of the responses. My black rubi looks bad a$$ when clean. But it's a pain to keep it looking sharp. Silver is more low maintenance.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

While I love my blacked out Rubi, I hate that every pinstripe jumps out at you.
Silver and White are very forgiving colors.

Quick Reply: Silver or Black rubicon?