Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sideswiped!

Old 10-20-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuck. My. Life.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously though, call poland spring and report it. Even if you don't know which driver it was you know where he was delivering which means they know what driver it was.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
Fuck. My. Life.

Are we missing something? You got sideswiped, was it your fault? If the other driver was at fault, why don't you have them pay for the damage?

Sorry it happened, just don't understand your last post.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

I would just chop them but if you don't know how to do get it fixed at expense to poland
Old 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW dude.....REALLY? " F.M.L " because your fender is missing some paint and a mirrors broken? You are a JEEP owner. You are one of the fortunate ones! Things could be way way worse my friend......think about that for a minute.....positive thoughts bring positive outcomes ( well sometimes ) Seriously though.. If it bothers you that bad, better stay out of the rocks and trails cause its gonna happen anyway eventually...... just my 2 pennies.... hope you do get some bad ass mods on it though!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

It was not reported as it was unclear whose fault it was, there was a narrowing of lanes, and we were both at each other's necks pretty hard, but neither of us wanted to involve police. He for obvious reasons relating to job security and me not wanting to deal with the potential of a ticket or insurance rates, I've just recently had some points come off my license and finally gotten my insurance back to where it belongs.....it may have been shortsighted in retrospect, but I always seem to come out on the short side of incidents...ask me about the time I got hit in another car BY a firetruck (I was not moving) and I RECEIVED the ticket....

It's not all that bad, a mirror should be cheap, but its still money....

Also I don't feel that having an awesome trail rig and keeping it clean and clear for back on the road are mutually exclusive, I have enjoyed plenty of trail time, and until now the Jeep didn't have any dings or dents...
Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear it happen bro, I've been without my jk for 6 weeks because of an accident. Well, I got it back and the alinement thing isn't going so well. It's a balljoint fiasco I don't wanna even go into.
You got some scratches and dings, just be greatful it wasn't worse and that you are alive and kickin. Yeah it sucks when your jeep gets beat alittle, but, remember, its a piece of machinery and if you look at the bright side , you can dump a little $$$ into it for an upgrade(side armor or something) or trim the flares or whatever as others have suggested.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=

It's not all that bad, a mirror should be cheap, but its still money....

Also I don't feel that having an awesome trail rig and keeping it clean and clear for back on the road are mutually exclusive, I have enjoyed plenty of trail time, and until now the Jeep didn't have any dings or dents...[/QUOTE]

I would definitely agree!I meant no disrespect.... Just trying to make you feel better friend! I am sure this is gonna lead to something good for ya!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Something's afoot, even my fortune cookie from dinner said so:

"IF IT SEEM TODAY THAT THE FATES ARE AGAINST YOU, THEY PROBABLY ARE"

Can't make this stuff up.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
Something's afoot, even my fortune cookie from dinner said so:

"IF IT SEEM TODAY THAT THE FATES ARE AGAINST YOU, THEY PROBABLY ARE"

Can't make this stuff up.
I swear, it's all a test to see how strong we are

I wasn't there but sounds like neither of you wanted to give the right of way

It's my bubble and I don't let ANYBODY into it. No pride here...change lanes, break, speed up, do whatever it takes - but it's my bubble - stay out of it