Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side views of the Rugged Ridge XHD end caps installed with 35" tires. Any pics?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cut almost 2" off the back side of the end caps as my 33's were rubbing. Here they are with 35's ...

Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
I cut almost 2" off the back side of the end caps as my 33's were rubbing. Here they are with 35's ...

Wow! That looks like a lot of clearance there now. After hours upon hours of searching and looking at different aftermarket bumpers, I'm still very much tending towards the Rugged Ridge XHD. I considered the Hanson bumper too...and the price is not an issue, but I just like the overall styling of the XHD better than any other bumper I've seen. It also has all the different options/features that I like. I was thinking if the end caps become too much of a problem (they might not be as bad as I think though) I'll just get someone to fabricate me some custom end caps. Thanks for the pics! Exactly what I as looking for.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First run of our bumpers had "Fatter" endcaps. We did redsign the ends to have more clearance.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

I run this XHD with the end caps as well. I believe I have the newer thinner end caps as mine look different from what was posted. I unfortunatley don't have pics from the side right now.

But what I do want to add is that I made the decision to go with end caps for legal reasons in MA but have decided to remove the end caps when I go wheeling. Each end cap is held on by 3 bolts, 2 which are easy to remove and one that is a bit harder because it is tucked in the back. However, even with my limited abilities with a wrench, i can still get mine on and off in under 20 minutes (this includes putting the stubby ends on as well.

This is why I love this bumper...the flexibility!

By the way, since my last trail run, I've been running the stubby setup as I like the way it looks. I have my state inpsection next month so it will be ineteresting to see what happens. I will just keep my end caps in the Jeep in case they give me problems..
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
First run of our bumpers had "Fatter" endcaps. We did redsign the ends to have more clearance.
Have any pictures for comparison ?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
That is great! Thanks. Would you happen to have comparison pics showing the new design versus the old?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
That is great! Thanks. Would you happen to have comparison pics showing the new design versus the old?
GOOD question... I don't think I have any of the old design still in house. The current JK has our storage ends that have a different profile than the stock ends... I'll need to see if I have set outback that we can put onto the current Jk with 37" tires.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

You did a great job . Just order the same bumper and stinger for Christmas for my jeep . I like the look with the Smitty winch . Have you used it. I was thinking about that winch but i did not know about the synthetic rope would hold up in the winter time over the years.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
After installing new end caps on my Rugged Ridge bumper, I ran into a clearance issue with my 37"s. So, I had to trim them a bit:

This is the right side, pre-trimming:

You can see that with any flexing, the tire will definitely be into the back of the bumper (verified at work with a lift last night)

So, I measure, taped, and used a combination of my cutoff wheel, sawzall, and grinder to come up with this:

I took off a total of 1 1/2" from the top, and ran the tape down the side to match the original lines. Touched up with some Duplicolor spray on bedliner, and it turned out GREAT!!!

Here's a straight on shot, so you can see the difference between the two:
Thanks for all the pics! Do you happen to know if those were the "new" style endcaps on your Jeep or the original "fatter" style? I'm hoping the "new" style ends look more like your modified ones. You did a real nice job trimming them up anyhow.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I am having issues with the end caps and my 35's. I am trying to decide on cutting or just running the stubby, but am disappointed that the end caps don't work because they look nice. They only seem to rub when the sway bars are disconnected.

Quick Reply: Side views of the Rugged Ridge XHD end caps installed with 35" tires. Any pics?