Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 09-07-2015 | 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GJeep
That was just an idea, it's your baby...
I thought about removing the lock, than it occurred to me that there's actually no need to remove it.
You only need to remove it if you want to remove the jerry can .
Old 09-07-2015 | 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jscherb
You only need to remove it if you want to remove the jerry can .
By the picture, it looks like you remove the shank, release the strap, and stick the shank back into the lock... do I miss something ?

Edit -- forget it... the shank won't get out unless the lock is pulled down...

Last edited by GJeep; 09-07-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2015 | 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I was at the SEMA show all last week. One of the highlights (at least for me) was the MOryde booth, they were showing a bunch of Jeep products.

...including a bunch of products I designed in this thread, including the JK side-mount jerry can/Rotopax carrier.

Also at SEMA I stopped by the Wavian booth - Wavian's main product is high quality NATO cans, and walking by I noticed a smaller version of the can - it's 5 liters vs. the 20 liter capacity of the standard can. Seems to me that it isn't always necessary to carry a big 5 gallon/20 liter can so maybe some Jeep-specific carriers for these smaller cans could be useful. Because of their smaller size they'd be able to mount in places where the standard size cans won't fit. The Wavian folks were nice enough the give me a 5l can to prototype some mount ideas with, so I'll be working up a few prototype ideas soon. Here are a couple of quick comparison photos I took of a standard NATO can vs. the 5 liter can they gave me:

If anyone's got suggestions about where these small cans should mount let me know, I'm planning to experiment with mounting them in different places on the Jeep.

Last edited by jscherb; 11-10-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2015 | 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Default does any of the vendors on the forum carry the side mount yet ?

would be nice to get a forum discount or somthing.

im seriously concidering placing a order on one i like it.

i live in a road salt area and i dont believe the steel will be rust free . It will prob rust in a short time here as most steel products do these days . It really has me concerned of that much money and watch it rust . any chance they will be made with a aluminum option in the near future ?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-10-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2015 | 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
would be nice to get a forum discount or somthing.

im seriously concidering placing a order on one i like it.

i think a aluminum made one would be better though . i live in a road salt area and i dont believe the steel will be rust free . It will prob rust in a short time here as most steel products do these days . It really has me concerned of that much money and watch it rust . any chance they will be made with a aluminum option in the near future ? including aluminum tray holder ? seems to be a better concept but paint may not adhere well to that maybe theres always a rattle can of bed liner close by though either way
I was told at SEMA that a vendor that's a member of this forum should be adding the side mount to their catalog soon.
Old 12-05-2015 | 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Default ok please advise

Originally Posted by jscherb
I was told at SEMA that a vendor that's a member of this forum should be adding the side mount to their catalog soon.
as soon as you know thanks ( looking forward to having your product on my jeep )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2401 (2).jpg
Views:	200
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	631646  
Old 12-05-2015 | 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

as soon as you know thanks ( looking forward to having your product on my jeep )
Looks like maybe you have a black 2-door? Here's a photo of a recent install on a black 2-door...

Old 12-06-2015 | 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default cool think ill go with the black jerry can though

i like od but

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-10-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2015 | 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Default why am i not seeing any of these mounted up on jks ?

is it the price ? or other factor . They have been on the market for a bit !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2389 (2).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	631958  
Old 12-10-2015 | 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

is it the price ? or other factor . They have been on the market for a bit !
Lots of them are out there, I guess people with them aren't posting too much in this thread .

Here are a few I've run across...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Op04PMMl.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	679511

Last edited by jscherb; 12-10-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK