Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 04-05-2016 | 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
Could those verical plates be hinged so that they can be rotated up for work surfaces ? The vertical support could be taken over by threaded rods for different floor heights ?
I'm not sure it would make a convenient work surface - as far forward as it is, it's pretty far from the tailgate (and back of the bumper) so you'd really have to lean into the back of the Jeep to use it.

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
good idea hinged at top and adjustable legs you can prop into place. it might come in handy if you were to camp inside your jeep but your thought brings attention to other uses for this idea too , like if you wanted to strap somthing to the top of the mini table . instead of horizontal strapping molle bags. Any idea what this concept will retail for ? On the market?
Two other reasons for not making a fold-up table out of it - one, I'm trying to keep the price very affordable. As it's designed, each side would cost quite a bit less than $100, including the mount, the tray, a strap and hardware.

The second reason is that it's part of a more complete cargo area system I've designed, which includes a slide-out cargo tray and an optional adjustable-height cargo shelf above the tray.

Old 04-17-2016 | 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Default Have to say ive been using this holder and can a lot

and it works great ! Enjoying having it there for when i dont feel like running all the way to a gas station or wondering if i have enough gas to get where im goin , Now there is no worry. Gas stations are not always close by here some times its late and i just say ill have enough .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3511 (2).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	644138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3518 (2).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	644140  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-17-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2016 | 11:59 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

SO... If anyone is interested... I have a really cool set of side mounted jerry cans ready for install.
I bought them from Adventure tabs...

Badge Store | The Adventure Badge

The mounting brackets NEED RUNNING BOARDS... and I don't have any.

And the wife says "they can't sit any longer in the garage til something works out!"

-Jay
970-556-9454 will ship CONUS for an even $300 bucks.

Pics below were provided by adventure tabs... my set has black mounting hardware and cans are primed in tan. AND still in the box(es)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1639n.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	644529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1640.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	644530   Click image for larger version

Name:	368424895.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	644531  

Last edited by JayK; 04-21-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2016 | 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayjk
SO... If anyone is interested... I have a really cool set of side mounted jerry cans ready for install.

And the wife says "they can't sit any longer in the garage til something works out!"

-Jay

Pics below were provided by adventure tabs... my set has black mounting hardware and cans are primed in tan. AND still in the box(es)
Looks like that company has discontinued their running-board can mounts and custom cans - there seems to no longer be a link to it on their web site and typing "NATO" in the search box on their site yields no results.
Old 04-21-2016 | 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

jscherb, do you happen to have a part number for the rubber bump stops you used? or just the sizes? I can measure what I have, but they are stuck in the holes and I'd rather not pop them out to measure the barb. I also went looking for something similar at Lowe's and came up completely empty handed. Thanks!!
Old 04-21-2016 | 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Erok
jscherb, do you happen to have a part number for the rubber bump stops you used? or just the sizes? I can measure what I have, but they are stuck in the holes and I'd rather not pop them out to measure the barb. I also went looking for something similar at Lowe's and came up completely empty handed. Thanks!!
The ones that come with the production side mounts are Auveco #4236, which in the Auveco catalog is called a "General Purpose GM Rubber Bumper". They're a fairly common size, the hole they go into is 1/4". When I made the prototype side mounts I picked up the bumpers at a local hardware store, any Ace, True Value, etc., that has an aisle of cardboard drawers of bolts, nuts and other hardware should have them, probably in a section of drawers devoted to automotive bits and pieces.

A more complete description is: A4236 GENERAL PURPOSE BUMPER FITS IN 1/4" HOLE,.736 DIAMETER,.512 TALL,GM,(3689084).

Old 04-21-2016 | 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right on. Thank you sir.
Old 04-21-2016 | 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Default Wow That sucks

Originally Posted by jayjk

-Jay

Why not put them on after all that time getting them ordered up . LOL id demand a little more time . a set of rails you can pick up cheap or free . Sorry it didnt pan out! How will you transport gas ? even for your mower ? should have bought a Moryde can holder . would be on by now and no rail required

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-21-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2016 | 09:53 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Called and talked to them... their fab guy is sick, like really sick I guess. And may not produce any more... that said, I have like one of two or three sets that were made ever for them.

Still for sale if anyone with Running boards wants them...

Originally Posted by jscherb
Looks like that company has discontinued their running-board can mounts and custom cans - there seems to no longer be a link to it on their web site and typing "NATO" in the search box on their site yields no results.
Old 04-22-2016 | 09:56 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Why not put them on after all that time getting them ordered up . LOL id demand a little more time . a set of rails you can pick up cheap or free . Sorry it didnt pan out! How will you transport gas ? even for your mower ? should have bought a Moryde can holder . would be on by now and no rail required
Honestly, at this point I don't want running boards.( Install is way simple with them by the way)

Ive got a collection of Military grade plastic jerry cans from my days in the Army...

If anyone is interested feel free to hit me up. I am a realistic guy excepting Best offers...

Last bit, I would take the time to get them on my Jeep... but Ive got enough projects going on. Working on the Harley, the jeep, the house... all with stitches in my hand from surgery... these, I think, need a new home, er jeep!

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK