Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 03-21-2016 | 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
only 31.5 they are 33s and they weight 86 lbs each E rated 10 ply

tough as nails but heavy . I had 35 km2 on my pick up before good tires but the ford used to chew them up pretty fast , well i shouldnt say that really still got like 65,000 off them but my regular bfg muds i used to get 80,000 out of them . I sold the truck for 1500 bucks cash lol when i bought my jeep . big regret . It cost more for the tires than what i got for the whole truck and it only had 85,000 orig miles on it. I should have slapped a plow on it for my drive way . It had all new front end parts too and new oil pan and radiator battery. 6" lift . Oh well gone now but i do miss having a truck for getting stuff and it went just about anywhere i go in my jeep as well with out any issues . Wish i had kept it and bought some mods for it it would have been worth having around it was a beast but it sucked the gas like one too .
Did your pickup truck have side-mounted Jerry can holders?
Old 03-21-2016 | 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Default lol

it could have used them but no , i never really thought to keep spare cans of fuel on a truck . I just stopped two times a day at a gas station instead.

So you can actually use a fords axle on a jk ? does it require a lot of modification ?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-21-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2016 | 02:00 PM
DJ1
Former Member

So you can actually use a fords axle on a jk ? does it require a lot of modification ?

too much to go into lol. I wouldn't say a lot. It's definitely easier today versus 2-3 years ago. start here ----> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-g...ku-43s-249677/

...and here -----> fusion 4x4

----> http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/tr...e-swap-part-1/

now back on topic.....I'll see if I can get some daylight pics today of the dual can setup.

Last edited by DJ1; 03-22-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2016 | 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
now back on topic.....I'll see if I can get some daylight pics today of the dual can setup.
yes, more pics please!
Old 03-22-2016 | 06:35 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by jscherb
yes, more pics please!
I need to get my passenger side skinz and slider installed first. Hopefully this week sometime if the weather cooperates...
Old 04-04-2016 | 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Driving across Nebraska today returning from a Moab/Death Valley/Mojave Desert off-road expedition, I stopped at the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles. I couldn't resist snapping these photos of military vehicles with side mounts - all of them are exactly in the same location as the JK side mount - up high on the side... so if anyone was wondering if this mounting position is authentic, here are some photos .

Old 04-04-2016 | 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default nice !

still enjoying the look it added to my jeep ! No regret on buying it & keeping it on full time . My jeep would look naked with out it now ! The location is great & i felt it gave it a functional military look that i wasnt going to get if i had tossed two cans on the back end. Ends up being one of the most custom mods i have done . So far i havent made any bad investment add ons installed on my jeep. I move like a snail but happy when i do get something i researched for a while .

Did you walk away with any other new ideas ?

nice photos. ( i prefer the nozzle end of the jerry can facing the mirror )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217 (2).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	642805  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-04-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2016 | 04:00 AM
JK Super Freak

...Did you walk away with any other new ideas ?
Yes, I did see one other type of jerry can mount for multiple cans that might be interesting on a Jeep, if I think I can make it work on a JK I'll post a photo of the original military one. Also saw some ideas for ammo cans.

BTW speaking pf ammo cans, I've talked to a company about the inner fender ammo can trays I designed a few months ago and it's likely they'll get into production...

Old 04-05-2016 | 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Could those verical plates be hinged so that they can be rotated up for work surfaces ? The vertical support could be taken over by threaded rods for different floor heights ?
Old 04-05-2016 | 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Four Low
Could those verical plates be hinged so that they can be rotated up for work surfaces ? The vertical support could be taken over by threaded rods for different floor heights ?
good idea hinged at top and adjustable legs you can prop into place. it might come in handy if you were to camp inside your jeep but your thought brings attention to other uses for this idea too , like if you wanted to strap somthing to the top of the mini table . instead of horizontal strapping molle bags. Any idea what this concept will retail for ? On the market?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-05-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK