Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 03-12-2016 | 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

gentle well once the clip is on you never have to deal with it again really its as easy as movin your car , just light pressure
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	muscle-man-lifts-car-in-brazil-1024x579.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	640416  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-12-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2016 | 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Sounds like a good idea - I'll talk to the engineers at the company about possibly adding an additional bumper towards the bottom in future production runs.
Thanks! Just to be clear, I'm really happy with the design, I think I just might have found the perfect harmonic vibration to move the can when I was bumping washboards for a few hours Finding and killing vibrations on my Jeep is a pretty full time gig.
Old 03-12-2016 | 11:40 PM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Update from Robert at 4x4tabs... mocked up pics . cans were headed to paint as of a few days ago. Should have them soon!

Name:	IMG_1639n.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	640444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1640.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	640445   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG951651.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	640446  
Old 03-13-2016 | 01:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jayjk
Update from Robert at 4x4tabs... mocked up pics . cans were headed to paint as of a few days ago. Should have them soon!
Those are looking great! What color is your Jeep?
Old 03-13-2016 | 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Erok
Thanks! Just to be clear, I'm really happy with the design, I think I just might have found the perfect harmonic vibration to move the can when I was bumping washboards for a few hours Finding and killing vibrations on my Jeep is a pretty full time gig.
Thanks for being the only one to find the perfect harmonoc . Seriously, there have been many sold and installed and yours is the first report I've heard of any can movement. In the hundreds of miles I've driven with mine I've had no can movement at all, so it must be that you've found the perfect washboards to cause movement. Anyway, I did talk to the engineer who's responsible for this product at the company and he agrees it would be a good idea and pretty simple to add holes for a bottom bumper in the next production run.

This is why I develop all of my designs in public on the forums and why I stay in touch with people as the designs see lots of real use - there's often a small tweak that can be added to make things even better, so thanks again.

BTW this same engineer is doing a cost estimate on the locking strap design I posted a few weeks ago, we were so wrapped up in discussing your situation I forgot to ask him about that! I'll probably be seeing him in a few days on my way through Indiana on the way to Moab, so I'll have to remember to ask him then. Somebody remind me on Wednesday .

Old 03-13-2016 | 04:58 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Originally Posted by dmwil
Those are looking great! What color is your Jeep?
CURRENTLY black.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1457873637621.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	640449Click image for larger version

Name:	20150702_183307.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	640450But am playing with the idea of a tan. I would LOVE to find out the paint used on the new Crew Chief concept.
Old 03-13-2016 | 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
gentle well once the clip is on you never have to deal with it again really its as easy as movin your car , just light pressure
Just be careful if you remove the mount. I had the clip break on me (drivers side) when I removed the mount the first time. Didn't do anything weird it just broke as I loosened the bolt. Ryan at Mor took care of it and I suspect it was probably a defective clip.
Old 03-13-2016 | 06:27 AM
JK Junkie

Default This looks like the way it should have gone through

a fair set up ,for $159.00 as seen in this photo below with strap & the added lower rubber grommet added before it went into full production but prob wasnt a foreseen issue .

Originally Posted by JDaPP
Just be careful if you remove the mount. I had the clip break on me (drivers side) when I removed the mount the first time. Didn't do anything weird it just broke as I loosened the bolt. Ryan at Mor took care of it and I suspect it was probably a defective clip.
jdapp: thanks for the warning wonderfull !

Name:	ChainLinkLongLatch_zpsz5zwndbm.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	640454  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-13-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2016 | 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Default Another forewarning not mentioned

just to let others know . Just found out today

The bottom clip of the strap will also damage your paint on the jerry can , so it will either hit the bolts on that hold the plate on or the clip on strap either way is subject to abrasive hardware *Also though the bolts look to be stainless steel, but they are not and have rusted after only a few weeks of being on my jeep ! Obviously lead to rust problems and corrosion ! I put gorilla tape on the can to see if this helps stop the issue from getting worse to my Can investment , and i think its clear that under the ratchet itself needs something to prevent rubbing on that area as well and ratchet is rusted quite a bit in only a few weeks not exactly 5 ***** star trail rated package .

As With : Erok and JDapp had their own issue

Name:	IMG_3352 (2).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	640533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3357 (2).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	640534   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359 (2).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	640535  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-13-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2016 | 03:53 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
*Also though the bolts look to be stainless steel, but they are not and have rusted after only a few weeks of being on my jeep !

... i think its clear that under the ratchet itself needs something to prevent rubbing on that area as well and ratchet is rusted quite a bit in only a few weeks not exactly 5 ***** star trail rated package .

Upon assembly, I actually wondered about the bolts and the ratchet. Even though the side-mount is made in the USA was wondering if the ratchets were also. Looks like I'm changing those out....

https://www.ratchetstraps.com/usa-tie-downs
https://www.ratchetstraps.com/2-ratc...rap-flat-hooks

Having said that, that's why I can't recommend the Sceptor cans enough. Scratches/paint is a non-issue unless you're looking to build a show car. Once you start banging up against tree branches and rocks on the trail, all the good looks go out the window.

Last edited by DJ1; 03-13-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK