Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 04-27-2015 | 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I've designed the side mount so it can carry all of the different size Rotopax containers except the 4-gallon (there just isn't enough room on the side of the Jeep for the 4-gallon). Here's what the various sizes look like:

Multiple containers can be stacked, so two 2-gallon containers on each side of the Jeep gives 8 gallons total.

I'm also working on a Rotopax mount the bolts to the tailgate hinges, that's shown on the Anvil jeep at the top of the drawing. More on that soon.
Old 04-27-2015 | 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast
Veteran: Marine Corp

Very cool. Even just a few gallons extra can help a lot!

CW
Old 04-27-2015 | 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I made up two prototype JK side mounts today, here are a few photos of the driver's side. I've still got a couple of details to finish on the one for the passenger side, I ran out of time today.

The bracket also includes a place to mount a CB antenna on the driver's side, it's in line with the radio antenna on the passenger side. No drilling was required to install these.

I'll finish up the passenger side, and then it'll be time to do some testing with full cans on rough roads.
Old 04-28-2015 | 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

This is fantastic!
can you PLEASE post pics of the bracket?
how does it mount on the Jeep!?
Old 04-28-2015 | 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

This is Perfect. My method would have been a permanent mount of the Jerry can holder, yours much better.
Can't wait to see them available to buy.
Old 04-28-2015 | 08:03 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Thank you!

I can't believe it's taken 8 years for someone to put this out there. Can the front doors still open to it's full extension with the limiting straps? Not a deal breaker but just curious.

I can finally use my OD Scepter Cans again!
Old 04-28-2015 | 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

That's awesome and very impressive! Does it latch on under the hood or onto the door somehow? Great engineering!

Looks stable enough but wondering if there is any wobble if magnets would help.
Old 04-28-2015 | 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Thank you!

I can't believe it's taken 8 years for someone to put this out there. Can the front doors still open to it's full extension with the limiting straps? Not a deal breaker but just curious.

I can finally use my OD Scepter Cans again!
The front doors open to their full extent without contact.

Old 04-28-2015 | 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dream Girl
This is fantastic!
can you PLEASE post pics of the bracket?
how does it mount on the Jeep!?
Not sure if I can post that photo now, a company has just signed up to manufacture/market these, so I'll have to check with them to see if they want me to post those details before they're ready to go.
Old 04-28-2015 | 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
This is Perfect. My method would have been a permanent mount of the Jerry can holder, yours much better.
Can't wait to see them available to buy.
Thanks.

They're quick enough to bolt on/bolt off that if you only wanted to run them when you're on a trip where extra fuel might be required, it's not too much of a hassle to install them for the trip and remove them after.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK