Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 03-04-2016 | 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

Default yes , They do come with strap !

Originally Posted by DJ1
I have to agree with jeepmojo, I like em' up higher. The other version still looks good but you don't get the full 5 gallons and they're more likely to get banged up by boulders sitting where a rock slider would typically be. My 2 cents.

I just ordered 1 for each side for my scepter cans. For the price they could at least add some damn ratcheting straps....

You will like them though i think. I agree they are pricey & should include a locking strap of some type to be honest . However His design is pretty nice and very sturdy . i find no flaws with his concept, least with a wavian jerry can . Going to buy a trail badge to put on my jerry can though , im not removing the original one from the jeep .

The Custom ones look good on his jeep too . (cbohlin) Do the slanted ones stand up on their own while filling them with gas ?

Dj1 : dont forget to post your
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217 (2).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	639663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3246 (2).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	639664  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-04-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2016 | 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Y...should include a locking strap of some type to be honest . However His design is pretty nice and very sturdy . i find no flaws with his concept
The problem is, people have different needs. For example, the locking straps I posted about last week weren't adequate for you, so including them would increase the cost and you wouldn't use them anyway .

Many people seem happy with the ratchet straps that are included, so should the cost be increased for everyone to include locking straps that some don't need, and some like you find inadequate?

I'm not sure what the right answer is, but maybe it's offering locking straps separately as an option.
Old 03-04-2016 | 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

Default nah

i dont have issue with the strap you designed , nor the strap included with the product .
its just that additional costs are needed if you want your jerry can not to just walk away with the strap provided .
I think most anyone who has bought one or who will buy one will shares my view on that point.. I think ive expressed my happyness
with the productand moryde, in most all my posts . However i think a short cable or braided strap thats lockable would compliment the package weather you use it or dont. The same as some under seat security boxes offer the cable for you to use it or not . I dont see the actual item costing near 159. 99 to produce (at least i doubt seeing a tray of this type is about 28 dollars on the market ) that back plate cant cost $ 130 to make so a locking device would be nice & wouldnt break the bank to pruduce. It cost me about 24 dollars for my lock set up but it wont be walked off with by simply releasing the ratchet and going bye bye with a tank full .
simple braided strap that comes on spools even along with the rachet strap
just a suggestion . Not a deal breaker im satisfied !

* if somthing isnt locked it will walk ! If you have a old can yeh who cares maybe or chinese imitation , but even that would piss ya off .If you bought a waivian can for 80+ bucks you better lock it some how and not a walmart bike cable $5.00 but better than nothing i guess.

btw : Retrofit Offroad has shown morryde jerry can holders out of stock for a while now ! Are they still carryng them ? Thats the vendor i bought mine from

Name:	28135.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	639695  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-05-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2016 | 02:26 AM
JK Super Freak

More photos of the Jeep in the Four Wheeler online/JP Magazine Alcan Rally story: http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/16...eep-day-7and8/

Last edited by jscherb; 03-05-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2016 | 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I like the "Options" that owning a Jeep, and knowing how to use it, gives you.
To take the Road ? Or the path less traveled. Build DIY ? Or buy ready made ?
Mall Crawler ? Or Rock Crawler , the choices are endless, hence the Magic.
Old 03-06-2016 | 12:08 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Well I just ordered the set from The Adventure Badge | Jeep Badges. I'm pretty excited as Rob has provided some awesome customer service up to this point and is QUICK on the email responses.

I will actually be receiving the FIRST set of these since he launched them, and the will include nomenclature plate labeling them "001" and "002" - which I think is pretty cool.

I look forward to getting them in the next few week and will be sure to let you all know what I think of them!
Old 03-06-2016 | 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Default did you order the mounts also ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3221 (2).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	639763
Originally Posted by jayjk
Well I just ordered the set from The Adventure Badge | Jeep Badges. I'm pretty excited as Rob has provided some awesome customer service up to this point and is QUICK on the email responses.

I will actually be receiving the FIRST set of these since he launched them, and the will include nomenclature plate labeling them "001" and "002" - which I think is pretty cool.

I look forward to getting them in the next few week and will be sure to let you all know what I think of them!
It looks like he has a stainless steel locking strap on the cans in one photo ,
So how much $ breaking it down per item? . Im not understanding his web site pricing , how much per can or set unpainted/ painted / how much for mounts/ strap / ? Also one of the photos looks like a un even angle on can in the sand tan color. This could be a rough draft (concept) photo though id hope.
* still like the moryde side mount on mine with full size can thanks. And its option to carry ammunition cans if you desire.
One of the prior posts angled modified jerry can photos on his rubicon looks good though
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1729.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	639762

Name:	368424917.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	639764  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-06-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-07-2016 | 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had my carrier long enough to go on two trips to Big Bend. Overall I've been pretty happy with it, but my biggest complaint is the bolt heads that hold the carrier to the back plate keep impinging on my jerry can's paint. Even though there are two rubber stops at the top, there is nothing keeping the bottom of the can from shifting towards the bolts and rattling until the paint chips off. The washboard dirt roads in Big Bend made the jerry can into a very loud percussion instrument. I may drill holes and add two stops to the bottom or think of something else to protect the can.

Everyone asks about the carrier, I've caught people taking pictures of it. And with both of my trips (5 days on the roads and camping) I haven't had anyone steal my can. I don't keep a can on there 24/7 though, just when I'm going away from civilization.
Old 03-07-2016 | 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Erok
I've had my carrier long enough to go on two trips to Big Bend. Overall I've been pretty happy with it, but my biggest complaint is the bolt heads that hold the carrier to the back plate keep impinging on my jerry can's paint. Even though there are two rubber stops at the top, there is nothing keeping the bottom of the can from shifting towards the bolts and rattling until the paint chips off. The washboard dirt roads in Big Bend made the jerry can into a very loud percussion instrument. I may drill holes and add two stops to the bottom or think of something else to protect the can.

Everyone asks about the carrier, I've caught people taking pictures of it. And with both of my trips (5 days on the roads and camping) I haven't had anyone steal my can. I don't keep a can on there 24/7 though, just when I'm going away from civilization.
There should be a 6x12 piece of neoprene foam included with the side mount kits - the foam goes in the bottom of the tray, and prevents the can from slipping around in the tray - did the foam sheet not come with your kit?
Old 03-07-2016 | 02:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default sh%t good to know !

Originally Posted by Erok

I forgot what size bolts those were but something like this maybe ?

JSCHERB : DO YOU RECALL THREAD SIZE ?

Mine stays on full time 24/7 i like the look of it there even if its not full

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	66
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	639957  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-07-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK