Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 02-06-2016 | 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default Retrofit offroad

website might be the place to order thats who i got mine through

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-05-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2016 | 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
website might be the place to order thats who i got mine through
Do you have a link to the website? Or the name? thanks
Old 02-06-2016 | 11:53 PM
JK Freak

Retrofit Offroad Aftermarket Jeep Parts And Accessories
Old 02-07-2016 | 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Default it shows out of stock (drivers side ) @ the moment

im sure they could get you one though . e -mail them maybe made by morryde
there might be some others where you could get it but, i think Retrofit Offroad might be the best Bet
the link provided by ( Crusader jk) above is correct

( Moryde ) in Indiana Great customer service relations dept. They might be able to assist (574) 293- 1581

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-09-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2016 | 12:14 AM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Default another option...

these are a bit pricy, but I like the look and can be painted to match...
Badge Store | The Adventure BadgeClick image for larger version

Name:	cropped1.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	637502Click image for larger version

Name:	368424895.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	637503
Old 02-18-2016 | 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Default im not sure those are available

im not knocking that slanted can ,low profile down really. I just prefer the look of the moryde up high . It seems a little more aggressive looking to me . and the painted slant is 199 for can only then the mount extra i guess ? . At first i wasnt sold on side mounts but after having it mounted there , i love the look of the handle sitting above the hood a tad , it does not obstruct view either. Im very happy i went with it . I had plans for 2 cans in the back for a long time . i might just grab a 10 l shorty wavian can for the back if i need small amount of gas for house . Even though its not a lot lower , id have some concern of rock damage to the can being so low & sitting at the rail even the crap that flys from tire turn . eating away at it . But the pro side is the slanted can does seems to sit closer to the jeep lower profile .
note * The salt and dirt line on my door and compare it to location on the slanted can style .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	368424895.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	638150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3221 (2).jpg
Views:	172
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	638151   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2390 (2).jpg
Views:	175
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	638152  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-19-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-20-2016 | 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Last year I made some adjustable locking straps to keep jerry cans secure, I posted about them earlier in this thread. I made them out of standard "removable link" agricultural chain to provide for lots of adjustment and security. Here's a few photos of them:

They've got a big adjustment range by adding/removing links, and a fine adjustment range in the latch to snug the can down very tightly. As shown in the photos above they can be used with multiple types of cans, and with jerry cans the swivels at the ends allow the strap to go over the cap to prevent it from being opened when the strap is in place. I also made up covers for the chain so they don't scratch the cans.

The straps have worked out really well, although the agricultural chain I used wouldn't make sense if some company were to pick this up as a production product because the links are too tight to remove without a tool unless each link is modified slightly. To eliminate the ag chain issue, I've designed a new style of link that can easily be added/removed. I sent CAD drawings of the link parts to a friend at a company that's got lots of laser capacity; today this pile of parts arrived:

I'll assemble these parts into some straps for testing in the next few days.
Old 02-21-2016 | 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's a strap made up of the parts I received yesterday.

Adding/removing links is really simple:

The strap on a jerry can. On the right it angles over the cap, preventing the cap from being removed. BTW it takes one more link to go over the cap than it does to go through the can handle.

With a few links removed, the strap also works to secure ammo cans in my ammo can tray.

I've got a few additional strap design configurations to try, and I need to do a sleeve over the chain to prevent scratching the cans, but the basic design works well.
Old 02-21-2016 | 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

Default cool concept but will that

hold up to a small bolt cutter and just snaps the eye hook area and off the go with the can ?

I chose to use a heavy duty eye bolt in the hole on the holder, with a long shackle style lock they would need to break out a saw to try and cut the hardened steel or dremel and sparks would be flying , I know if they want something bad enough they will get it. But the harder it is to mess with ,The less likely it is for them to bother.

Your strap is nice that its universal though . And could be used for many different applications or can styles. is it stainless steel?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3235 (2).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	638359  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-21-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-21-2016 | 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
hold up that well to someone who has a bolt cutter and just snaps the eye hook area and off the go with the can !

thats why i chose to use a heavy duty eye bolt in the hole with a long shackle style lock they would need to break out a saw to try and cut the hardened steel
A determined thief with the correct tools can defeat pretty much any locking solution one might devise, but defeating that person isn't my goal - my goal is to provide a practical and cost-effective solution to prevent opportunistic theft.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK