Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 01-23-2016 | 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

Default solid and no noise on highway at all

Originally Posted by jscherb
Very nice! I like the "black on black" look.

I've got hundreds of interstate miles on mine and there's no noise from them.

noise as far as a whistle ? that i cant tell its to cold out to have a window down
but this system is pretty solid so as long as its not going anywhere , and it cant !
* Im thrilled with it / it complements the jeep i feel
so a thanks jscherb / morryde / Retro offroad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3221 (2).jpg
Views:	389
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	635400  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-23-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2016 | 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jscherb
This morning I'm installing the finished prototype side-mount and hinge-mount fuel can carriers for load testing. Here are some photos of the hinge-mount carrier with 4 different size Rotopax containers. Only one is real, the other three are 2-d cardstock replicas I made to show the sizes. In the top photo you can see there's a second set of Rotopax mount holes in the bracket, that's for the 1-gallon can.

More photos to come, I'm installing the side-mounts next.
I think I'm going to do the side rear hinge mount over mounting to that weak sheet metal on the side of the Jeep. I had to take off the side with the antenna to install my snorkel and I have to say that metal for the front corner panel is some 12 gauge crappy sheet metal. Once I get my Teraflex hinge I'll get the RotoPaX mount add on they sell.

Here is a picture of the panel off.

Name:	Take it off.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	635401  
Old 01-23-2016 | 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Default just to clarify the side mount

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I think I'm going to do the side rear hinge mount over mounting to that weak sheet metal on the side of the Jeep. I had to take off the side with the antenna to install my snorkel and I have to say that metal for the front corner panel is some 12 gauge crappy sheet metal. Once I get my Teraflex hinge I'll get the RotoPaX mount add on they sell.

is supported by the tub door frame then the upper window frame and then one 3/8 bolt under hood on side panel ( not the weak sheet metal really )
you could prob jump on it , not that id try that but that side mount is as solid as a rock . If your talking about impact by a tree ? The side veiw mirror would be gone too thats attached to the flimsy doors im not playing in big boulders or trying to fit between trees so tight i can barely fit your fender would have to be tearing off as well . mounting the 2 cans in the back of my jeep would have been very simple as well . But i really liked the look of the side mount holder . it was my preference after a great deal of time & thinking it through .

Name:	IMG_3237 (2).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	635405  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2016 | 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
is supported by the tub door frame then the upper window frame and then a double wall supported side bolt 3/8 i believe it is ( not the weak sheet metal )
you could prob jump on it , not that id try that but that side mount is as solid as a rock
in fact it dosent touch the sheet metal as you can see in side veiw
Jeepmojo is correct, the side mount isn't supported by the sheet metal, it's supported by the door frame (where the door hinge bolts), the windshield frame mounting bolts, and the core support braces under the hood. No weight or stress on the fender sheet metal at all. They're very sturdy.

But the hinge-mounts for Rotopax containers are very sturdy as well, it bolts to the HD hinges .

Last edited by jscherb; 01-23-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2016 | 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
is supported by the tub door frame then the upper window frame and then a double wall supported side bolt 3/8 i believe it is ( not the weal sheet metal )
you could prob jump on it , not that id try that but that side mount is as solid as a rock
Just watched the video and now I see what your talking about. Its inside the door. Yep your probably could stand on that mount. Initially I thought it was just held by some bolts and nuts/washers through the front quarter panel. I Personally like the rear mount. Once I get the hinge I can probably double stack two 4 gallon RotoPax containers for a total of 8 gallons. Right now I have 3 gallons on the back.

Name:	IMG_3610.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	635408  
Old 01-23-2016 | 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Just watched the video and now I see what your talking about. Its inside the door. Yep your probably could stand on that mount. Initially I thought it was just held by some bolts and nuts/washers through the front quarter panel. I Personally like the rear mount. Once I get the hinge I can probably double stack two 4 gallon RotoPax containers for a total of 8 gallons. Right now I have 3 gallons on the back.
I've got the MORryde HD hinges/tailgate reinforcment/large spare carrier on my JK. It reinforces more of the tailgate than other "tailgate hinge/reinforcement" products on the market, and the hinges are greasable/rebuildable, which most others aren't. And it's more affordable. Oh, and it has options for gear, such as the Rotopax mount in the photo below, and a HiLift mount.

Last edited by jscherb; 01-23-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2016 | 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

Default actually my or fab tire carrier will take that

mount for roto pax as well i believe just bolt it on right side of spare tire
if i had the need for carrying water in rotopax endless possibilities but i dont need to go overboard right now im just showin off the ballzee looks of the side mount

Name:	IMG_3221 (2).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	635417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3215 (2).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	635425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3232 (2).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	635427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217 (2).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	635428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3222 (2).jpg
Views:	217
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	635429  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-23-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2016 | 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Default im so glad i chose the side mount

This is really is a great product & looks fabulous also morryde has a awesome customer service dept, as well.
Id have never been as thrilled if i had added the cans on the back plus it would have obstructed vision as well ,

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-04-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2016 | 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

Is any of these mounts for sale yet?
Old 02-05-2016 | 03:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scott777
Is any of these mounts for sale yet?
The company released the JK Side Mounts for both jerry cans and Rotopax about 6 months ago. They're available for both the driver and passenger side.

The same company also offers a Spare Mount that works on the JK, TJ, and pretty much anything else with a vertically mounted spare with a 5-bolt hub:

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK