Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK

Old 12-10-2015 | 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Default saw these

when i googled side mount jerry can

havent seen any here on this forum..

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-11-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2016 | 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Default Well after weeks and weeks going back and forth

to mount two jerry cans on the rear of the jeep or one here on the side i pulled the trigger on this one.
i have two cans and could have put them on the back with two of the ace style holders , but felt id never have the two filled and it just
leaves two cans available for some one to steal as we know some people will try.
My thought is to use a large hd eye bolt several inches tall in the hole that comes for the cb Antena and then run a long hoop lock through the handle
to the eye bolt. thats the thought anyway . I really like the look of this up front rather than in the back , it will be empty most likely hope it looks good i think two cans on the back would be to much clutter for me and in the way
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	634338   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	634339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3163 (2).jpg
Views:	233
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	634340  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-11-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2016 | 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
to mount two jerry cans on the rear of the jeep or one here on the side i pulled the trigger on this one.
i have two cans and could have put them on the back with two of the ace style holders , but felt id never have the two filled and it just
leaves two cans available for some one to steal as we know some people will try.
My thought is to use a large hd eye bolt several inches tall in the hole that comes for the cb Antena and then run a long hoop lock through the handle
to the eye bolt. thats the thought anyway . I really like the look of this up front rather than in the back , hope it looks good
The company's instructions include a section on locking a can to the side mount: http://www.morryde.com/uploads/downl...%20Carrier.pdf

The mount now includes bolt holes for a u-bolt, which is used along with a bike lock or similar to secure the can to the mount.

Old 01-11-2016 | 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Cool why dont you send me one of those slick lock straps you made

Click image for larger version

Name:	with spouts.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	634352 ..... not fond of the bicycle cable deal at all thats cheezy @$$ a $80.00
jerry can and a 4 dollar bike lock is like saying here take my expensive can

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-11-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2016 | 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

to the eye bolt. thats the thought anyway . I really like the look of this up front rather than in the back , it will be empty most likely hope it looks good i think two cans on the back would be to much clutter for me and in the way
Where did you get your rear hitch rack? Love that it goes up then back.
Old 01-11-2016 | 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Default Hitch Haul brand

yeh it works good it will hold 300 no problem up to maybe 500
i think even walmart . com might have them for like 60 bucks for atv suv i know cabela had them
it has a offset it works good when in reverse dropping off. it gives you a lot more clearance but my tire is on the Or fab carrier so its higher than others, there could be a clearance issue if your tire isnt raised up
mine hits the top rail when its 3/4 open but it does not bother me very seldom do i need the tail gate 100% open . i leave it on year round but you can obviously take it on and off . But i find it useful for taking bags of trash to the dump and stuff with out having to have it inside the jeep , you can carry anything . just very useful . I dont like the ones that go out straight at all.
On the can holder
im wondering if thers anything to put under the metal tabs that bolt up to the hex bolt up by window and where it wraps under the hood it would seem to me that rust would form or paint get marred . maybe just a thin adhesive or something to prevent that maybe even thick wax under there ?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-11-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2016 | 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

On the can holder
im wondering if thers anything to put under the metal tabs that bolt up to the hex bolt up by window and where it wraps under the hood it would seem to me that rust would form or paint get marred . maybe just a thin adhesive or something to prevent that maybe even thick wax under there ?
I've had mine on and off dozens of times in the past six months and there's been no marring of the paint, but if you were concerned about that you could put a thin piece of rubber, weatherstrip, or maybe gasket material on the back of the tabs.
Old 01-12-2016 | 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Default yes i thought of somthing i have its a rubber sealent

Originally Posted by jscherb
I've had mine on and off dozens of times in the past six months and there's been no marring of the paint, but if you were concerned about that you could put a thin piece of rubber, weatherstrip, or maybe gasket material on the back of the tabs.
it came on a roll its used for metal roofs and or deck flashing its very thin and comes off easy with no peeling realy
ill have it put under the tabs as you mention. If i were in a state that was dry im sure it wouldnt be a issue but we see rough weather here in NH
Last thing i need is more rust or any where water could get behind and sit.

it says it will carry 2 roto pax containers cant tell by pic is it two 2 gallon roto pax ? or larger?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3186 (2).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	634386   Click image for larger version

Name:	BikeLock2_zpsowsldguq.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	634390  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-12-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2016 | 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Default I ORdered It through Retrofit offroad ???? side mount jerry can holder

* At this what i call a Expensive priced item at that. I noted to ship it fed x where it asks on websiite ( But they did not . ) They say they offer Fed X , ups or usps on thier site when ordering . But they did not follow my Attached note regarding shipping request . They sent it USPS I still have not Received the Item Ordered .
I sent Email to them w/ no response on The matter as of yet .
Not Happy So far with the order shipping process progress

just thought id let others here know what to maybe expect .

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2016 | 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

* At this what i call a Expensive priced item at that. I noted to ship it fed x where it asks on websiite ( But they did not . ) They say they offer Fed X , ups or usps on thier site when ordering . But they did not follow my Attached note regarding shipping request . They sent it USPS I still have not Received the Item Ordered .
I sent Email to them w/ no response on The matter as of yet .
Not Happy So far with the order shipping process progress

just thought id let others here know what to maybe expect .
Did they ship your package quickly? When was it shipped? What is wrong with USPS? I ship things USPS all the time.

I ordered my Heavy Duty Tailgate hinges from Retrofit Offroad and was really happy with the service! I think I dealt with Joel. I ordered in the morning and they had them shipped out the same day. I think my order was sent USPS also. I am going to be placing an order for the driver and passenger side jerry can mounts in the next few weeks from Retrofit Offroad. Just thought I would give a shout out to Retrofit Offroad and the great experience I had.

Quick Reply: Side-mount Jerry Can Carriers for the JK