Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SHROCKWORKS Rear Stubby Tire Carrier install with PICS

Old 11-02-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really awesome
Old 11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you remove the lights ?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOOKS GREAT !
How long did it take to get your rear bumper ?
I have had a rear full width ordered and paid for since July 1 !
I have called several times and only get , "we have parts ordered and still waiting "
I am getting very tired of waiting !
Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Former Vendor

Nice write up, we're glad it all came together well and went smoothly, it's been alot of work.

Originally Posted by IDiggs9
LOOKS GREAT !
How long did it take to get your rear bumper ?
I have had a rear full width ordered and paid for since July 1 !
I have called several times and only get , "we have parts ordered and still waiting "
I am getting very tired of waiting !
Are you Dimitri? If not PM your info and I'll tell you where you are. Either way we didn't take orders (meaning $$) until Sept. and we told the customer at the time of order 15 weeks.

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
looks great man let us know on the if there is any rattling after a few miles
The stock tire bumpers can be reused and trimmed (shortened) to contact the carrier arm as well as the ADJUSTABLE rubber bumper shown....you shouldn't be having any issues, we haven't with alot more gear on there for an extended amount of time.

Originally Posted by kenny Kustom
Why did you remove the lights ?
To access the wiring (it's alot harder to do it in the tight space inside the tub) to splice in the lights to the reverse power wire as well as the lisc. plate light/3rd brake light.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 11-03-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Love it, well worth the cost I'm sure. I was considering a one-off custom from a local shop but for his cost to build it I think I'll go this direction, plus I already have their front stubby/winch bumper.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Former Vendor

I am much happier with how Shrockworks approached their lead time this go around. Of course, I haven't received mine yet, but I have no expectation of it being done until sometime in December. I'll be happy if they keep that committment.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Looks great - the only issue I can see are that the outside edges look like a square cut to the body and might act as a hook if caught on anything
sure always a concern, don't know how it will physically can get caught on something since its flush with the body, but definitely something to consider
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks great. thanks for the pics. i can't wait til i find the $$ for this one.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wranglerV8
...On the other hand,I know that when I buy a rear bumper it will be a S/W.I hate the fact that I have to wait forever for it,but hey maybe when I can afford it,it will be a short wait time.
I'm sure at some point someone will stock them. I think Screaming Lizard is stocking some of their other products. I know what you mean with the front bumper. I had similar issues with the wait. Everyone there has been great, but they had supplier issues. I even spoke to Jim Shrake at length about it at one point. I think they learned from that and are quoting accordingly.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Shrockworks Bumpers

I actually purchased the front mid from Screaming lizard. They had it in stock and shipped right away. I am VERY Happy with the mid. I am sorry , but I DID order On July 1 , 2008 . The order was for : (2) rear mid width and (1) Stubby front . I was told it would be 6-8 weeks . I will pm the rest of the info.

Quick Reply: SHROCKWORKS Rear Stubby Tire Carrier install with PICS