Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Shrockworks Mid Width & Winch

Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick,

My mistake....I have slept several weeks and forgot that I can't get the driver side front bolt in for the winch not the back one. The bolt is not long enough.
I have looked at several hardware stores and can not find the length in a grade 8. I have M10x34 that came with the winch. I have found longer bolts but not grade 8. Will these work. Do you have a longer grade 8 that I could buy from you.

Thanks,

Rusty

PS I love my bumper... It looks great!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is my shrockworks mid.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rusty jeep
Nick,

My mistake....I have slept several weeks and forgot that I can't get the driver side front bolt in for the winch not the back one. The bolt is not long enough.
I have looked at several hardware stores and can not find the length in a grade 8. I have M10x34 that came with the winch. I have found longer bolts but not grade 8. Will these work. Do you have a longer grade 8 that I could buy from you.

Thanks,

Rusty

PS I love my bumper... It looks great!

maybe you accidentally used one of the longer ones in the rear, or used them to fasten the skid plate.
i remember that there were two bolts that were longer to be used in the front position to secure the winch. you can use the bolts that came with your winch for the rear legs of it, but you have to use the two longer ones that shrockworks gives you for the front two legs (instead of using the bolts that came with the winch).
i would check to see if one of the bolts you used on the skid plate are longer than the others. if it is, then that is the one that you should use for the winch.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Former Vendor

The bolts we send that are longer are SAE as the majority of the winch companies have SAE nuts incl. , so if his winch has Metric nuts it won't matter. We'll get it taken care of.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 12-19-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

looks great

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Mid Width & Winch